Chapter 4: Dealing

Prince Gumballs POV.

One after another, I opened more anonymous hate mail. Apparently being gay was "an abomination". Some people just wrankle me, but I didn't dwell in it. I began to get ready for the night. I put my phone on the dock and played my favorites playlist while I brushed my teeth. Light taps on my balcony door, signaling Marshall had arrived. I turned the music up and opened the door, the sexy vampire king entered, already staring at my bare chest. "Sup bubs. Oh.. Um.. Could you.." He stuttered. Even the vampire King gets queasy the way I brush my teeth. I sighed and walked back in the bathroom, finishing preparing for the evening. Marshall walked into the bathroom as I was adding the finishing touches to my outfit, and wrapped his arms around my waist and began kissing my neck. I barely noticed him switching the phones on the dock, playing his infamous "Sex Songs" playlist. "I may be bad, but Im perfectly good at it. Sex in the air, I dont care, I know the smell of it. Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me." I sang along with Marshall's vulgar songs. "Oh you do eh? Well Id just love to douse you in green paint and spank you like the disobedient avocado you are." He sexily whispered while biting my earlobe. "Would you now? Ill have to think about that." I teased him. "Come, I have to get ready. Theres time for spanking avocados later." I resist the urges to lay him on my bed and bury myself in him. I shake it off and walk out of the bathroom, the vampires' whimpers of protest follow me. A bubblegum pink hoodie with a watermelon shade tanktop underneath, pink converse and a pair of grey jeans are all that is worn on my body. I quickly stuff my phone and grab Marshall's hand, and we lift off the ground, soaring in the air miles above the kingdom, and it gives me a sense of freedom that Ive never had before.

•••

We land in the forest clearing, the dust gets pushed away as we touch down softly. The party was already in full swing. "Marshall what are we doing here! Were supposed to be on our way to the Breakfast Kingdom for a very important meeting!" I begin to get upset. "Calm down, we'll just hang here an hour or so and we can get there in fast enough time to sleep like 6 hours and get to the meeting." He tried to soothe me. "No Marshall! You can't surprise me like this when there are important things! I have everything down to the minute and now its all messed up. We were supposed to get there in an hour and be able to.. Well.. Fine I was planning on fucking you senseless until the sun came up, and then go to the meeting, but now that were at this party we won't be able to get there in time for that! I had everything planned, a perfectly romatic evening followed by intense sex and you ruined it!" my voice was so loud everyone heard. They had cut the music off to hear my rant about how Marshall screwed up, and I could tell my cheeks were red. Not because I was embarrassed, and I was, but because Marshall always tries to surprise me at my most inconvenient time. "Stay here and party all you want Marshall Lee, I'm calling Peppermint Maid and having her pick me up with Lord Monochrome. And you wont be getting any for a long while, so get used to pleasuring yourself." I scoff and storm off. I get to the edge of the woods by the time Im off the phone with Peppermint Maid and they were waiting for me a few steps from the line of the forest. Peppermint Maid checks me head to toe to make sure Im alright, being the sweet and caring caregiver she has been for quite some time. We were quickly in the air, but it felt nothing like it was with Marshie. I still felt grounded. I was cold, and the air was snipping and my face. It never felt like this with him. Maybe I overreacted. He was just trying to show me a good time, and I had to yell at him. "Peppermint Maid, Im afraid I've made a mistake. I need Marshall at once. Please, take me back to the party." I ask sternly. "If that is what you wish, Back to the party at once." She steers MC back to the clearing. I begin to look for Marshall, but to no avail. I ask much of the party goers if they had seen him, and they said he was dancing a few moments ago. The sound of the music dropped and over the speakers a familiar voice calls out "Marshall Lee is gonna play a song you guys!" And none other than the King himself floats down onto the stage. I eagerly make my way to the edge of the stage, but as I get there, I couldnt believe what I was seeing. He was dancing and singing with Fiona the Human, he obviously liked her. My skin began to bubble from my anger, quite literally. And then he sang. "Good little girl. Always picking a fight with me. What do you want from my world? You're a good little girl.. " He was singing our duet. With her!? How dare he. "Bad little boy. Thats what you're acting like, I really dont buy, that you're that kinda guy. And if you are, why do you want to hang out with me?" The melody continued to drive the nonexistent stake deeper into my chest. He only ever sang this song with me. It was special to us. And now he's singing it with everyone? The emotions flooded my mind. Angry. Confused. Upset. They swirled in my mind, putting me on the verge of an emotional breakdown as I continued to watch him serenade her. I was about to call out to Marshall, but he disappeared behind the bushes, along with Fiona. My mind only made the situation worse by telling me that they wasn't just talking back there. They were probably getting it on back there, and there wouldn't be anymore of me and him. It would be him and.. Her. The tears stung my eyes and cheeks as I ran away in the opposite direction. I ran until I couldn't run anymore. I was lost, I didn't know where I was, where I came from, and I had no way of knowing. My phone had run low on power and it would be no use to use that last bit if energy it had to call for help, the signal had faded, and I had no way of calling anyone. I found a small clearing and sat down, and cried until I fell asleep, where the nightmares of him making love to her haunted me. Marshall Lee was the worst mistake of my life.