Chapter 6: I Remember You

Marshall's POV

•••

He... He doesn't remember me. I feel a big weight on my chest, like a tight squeezing. He looks at me for a moment before leaving me alone in the entrance of the palace. I just fly back home. He basically broke up with me, even if he didn't mean to.

Gumball's POV

•••

I meant to. I remember him. I remember how I felt. I have a kingdom to run, and Ive been away for 6 months, my duty it to my citizens, not to him. I feel terrible for fibbing about bot knowing him, he must be crushed, but its for the best. For me and for him. I dont want revenge or anything, my feelings were set straight. Yes he had hurt me badly, unintentionally I think, but he did, but I'm okay. All that time in the coma showed me that he's just not worth the pain. I loved him, but its time to move on.

•••

Marshall's POV

I was done being sad. I have to fight for what I want, and Im sure if I just keep trying, he'll remember me. Yeah! Ill go over right now and talk to him. I grabbed a few things before flying towards the kingdom of sugar.

I touched down on the balcony, the familiar ground feeling cold. Through the glass door, I saw a small pink lump under the covers, signifying he was in bed. I pushed the door in very slowly. He didn't raise up, or seem alarmed, so I floated just inside the door, closing it behind me. As I got closer, I found Gumball laying in bed reading a book, he was probably too in depth in it to realize I was here. "Hiya bubs." I whispered. He didn't even jump, just murmured a "hi" and went on back into reading. "Why are you here?" He finally asked. "To see how you're doing. You were in a coma for 6 months. I worry about you." I stated calmly. He took a deep breath and rose up his head and looked at me in the eye. "Why do you care so much!? You hate me! You've always hated me and I dont know why! Were completely opposite, so why do you care. Yes, I was in a coma, but I'm better now, I dont need pity from everyone. Just leave me alone." He puffed his cheeks and turned over in his cotton candy bed. "As you wish, your highness."

•••

Gumballs POV

My head was pounding and I felt like shit. I popped the pill in my mouth and swallowed it down. I rolled back over, trying to continue reading, but my actions towards Marshall haunted me. I shouldnt have shouted at him in that way. He just cares for me. Ugh I'm so stupid! I swiped the vase off the nightstand and held my head in my hands. Why? Why me!? Why him? Why us? I hate doing this to him, but for some reason, I feel like its for the best. that chapter in my life is over, and its time to flip the page, a start a new one. And with that, I dried my eyes, and picked up my book, and I turned the page.