Chapter 5: Bye Bye Marshall

Gumballs POV
•••

Why. Why me. Why is it every time something good comes into my life, it turns out to be the one thing that tears me down. First my sister, then my parents, and now Marshall. Losing my family was hard enough, and Im still not completely over losing them. Why can't I catch a break in my life!? Is that so hard? My thoughts had imprisoned me, making me stir in my sleep. I knew they were dreams, but they just seem so real, and I dont know how much longer I can take it. It feels like I've been here forever. I haven't woken at all, and I'm afraid that this is my own personal hell for all of eternity. Watching him with her, and not being able to turn away. I hate this. I hate him. But most of all, I hate myself for not seeing this coming. And I ask myself again. Why me?

•••

Marshall's POV

I never knew he came back. I never knew how much he was hurting. I may be able to read minds, but I cant his. After he left that night, I chased after him, but it was useless. He was mad and there was no changing his mind. I would only make it worse. He needed time. The party was in full swing, but I wasn't in the mood for anything. I had a few drinks, and I finally decided that I wasn't going to mope around this party. Fiona showed up after my 5th drink, and we decided to perform a few songs. It was just for fun. She wanted to do "Bad Little Boy" and although I objected, she kept pushing until I gave. We got out on the stage, and I scanned the crowd. I thought I saw.. No, he left, and he isn't coming back. I played the chords that felt so familiar, but wrong. We sang the song, and during so, I realized why she wanted to perform this specific song. She liked me. She knew this was mine and Gumball's duet. She knew all of this. She pulled me into the woods afterwards and started to try to have her way with me. I pushed her off and flew away. I attended the meeting the next morning, and Gumball wasn't there. 'He must be really mad at me' I thought. But now Im here, holding his lifeless hand in the Candy Kingdom royal hospital. I've been here. Everyday. For the last 6 months. Ever since Ive known about what happened, I haven't left this room. They've tried dragging me out, and I haven't left this room. Not once. I still remember the first day I saw him in here.

•••FLASHBACK •••

Peppermint Maid had told me to get to the Candy Kingdom immediately. It had been a week or so since Gumball had went missing. I dropped my half eaten strawberries and flew as fast as I could. I had found his room, and I could barely see his near lifeless body through my tears. " He was found in a small clearing, he had put himself in an emotionally induced coma, and medically, the only thing we can do is keep his body alive. He has to work his emotions out, and he wont wake up until he does. We can only sustain him for about 8 months. After 8 and a half months, his kidneys will reject the treatment to keep him alive, and theyll shut down. He'll break out into spasms before slowly dying. Hopefully he will wake up before then." And with those words, I bowed my head, and let my tears fall. My back hit the chair and I sat there and cried, clutching his hand. I cant bear it. I- I love him. I cant loose the love of my life. He means everything to me.

•••

Gumballs POV

Enough is enough. Im tired of watching the same bullshit all the time, for glob knows how long. Im tired of seeing Marshall fuck the life out of her, and look so happy about it. Im done with the pain. Today is a new day. Take a deep breath, and start over.

My eyes squint as the bright light assaults my pupils, and the annoying sound of 4 different alarms going off. Were the citizens in danger!? I must get them to safety! My body is too numb, and I can't move. I repeatedly call for help, and soon about 6 nurses are shushing me, telling me something about too much stress at this time could make my organs explode or something. After fighting with the nurses for 15 minutes, I finally got in a wheelchair and make it to the foyer of the palace. The alarms were from the equipment that had sensed my body had made a sudden change. I was on my way to my bedroom when he grabbed my hand. "Thank Glob you're okay!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a long embrace. He then did something so stupid I cant even begin to tell it. His lips were puckered and were aimed for mine. "Marshall Lee what do you think you are doing! Unhand me this instant!" I jerked away my arms and he chased after me. "What do you mean!?" He sounded upset. Since when is Marshall Lee the Vampire King in tune with his feelings? "I dong know what you're talking about Marshall Lee. Ive just woken up from a horrible nap, and Id like to be alone." I tried walking away, but yet again, he pulls me back. "Bubba, whats the date?" He asks. "June 9th." I answer confidently. he shakes his head and tears threaten to overflow his eyelids as he answers. "No. Its December 10th. Youve been in a coma for 6 months." The tears flood his cheeks. "Im sorry, I dont remember."