Chapter 8: Dirty Dancing

••• Prince Gumball •••

The music was loud, I could feel the thumping in my stomach. The air was chilled but welcoming. Why don't these people party inside? Its like every party I go to, they have it outside in the cold night. I quickly analyzed my surroundings, a seen a few people I know, there was a stage, a DJ, a table draped in purple cloth, holding refreshments. They were playing some slow song, and it was decent music. Marshall took my hand and walked me to the dance floor. his hands went to my waist and mine to the back of his neck, becoming engulfed in his hair.
"When do we get to perform?" I asked. We had made plans to do another duet, and I secretly planned on asking him out. He makes me better, but sometimes our relationship can be a crazy roller coaster, but there isn't anyone else Id rather be strapped in with. "Whenever you're ready bubba." He had to yell over the music.

The lights dimmed and came back up, spotlights on me and him. He strummed a guitar and I gripped the mic.

[A/N: Italics are Gumball, Bold is Marshall Lee, and Italics and Bold are them together]

"Its like, he doesn't hear a word I say, his mind is far away. And I don't know how to get there." I glanced at him during my solo. His expression gave me
confidence in myself.

"Its like all be wants is to chill out."
"He's way too serious, he's always in a rush"
"He makes me wanna pull all my hair out"
"And interrupting"

Our voices were like cake batter. Different ingredients, but mixed to perfection.

"Like he doesn't even care"

"You"

"Me"

"Were face to face"

"But we don't see eye to eye"

"Were like Fire and Rain"

He backed up all my lines.

"You can drive me insane"

"But I can't stay mad at you for anything"

"Were like Venus and Mars
Were like different stars"

"But you're the harmony to every song I sing, and I wouldn't change a thing."

The song was nothing less than the truth. We were complete opposites, but at the same time, we were one in the same. We had a symbiotic relationship. Without rain, the fire would rage out of control. You can't have fun unless you know how to be serious. Yes, we get into drastic fights, but theres no way I can stay mad at him. He's the song to my heart, and I can't change the beat. I wouldn't want to either.

The song continued, and I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. It was so entrancing, the way he lost himself in the music. Its like he comes alive for this. I liked the way our voices merged together, it sounded so majestic.

"When I'm yes, He's no"
"When I hold on, he just lets go"
"Were perfectly imperfect, but I wouldn't change a thing, No!"

The song played out, and by the last note, we were right in front of each other. His hair was pushed back, and his eyes were shining, and I kissed him.

His arms instantly went around my waist and mine around his neck. The temperature rose around us, and I felt myself slip away from the world.

He broke the kiss, and it was like everything that happened before never happened. I didn't think I had to ask, we both knew that we were back together. "That was... amazing." the heat faded a bit, but the night was perfect. "I'm gonna go request a song, I'll meet you on the dance floor." he kissed my cheek and flew off to the DJ's desk.

As planned, I met him on the dance floor, and as soon as he landed, the song started playing. "You did not do what I think you did!" I playfully slapped his chest.

"My anaconda dont. My anaconda dont. My anaconda dont want none unless you got buns hun." He sung along as he grinded against me. "Boy toy named Troy, used to live in Detroit. Big dope dealer money, he was getting some coins. Was in some shoot outs with the law, but he live in a palace. Bought me Alexander McQueen, he was keeping me stylish-" I think he could tell I was enjoying it. "1. My name is NOT Troy. 2. I dont live in, nor have I ever heard of Detroit. 3. Im not a dope dealer." He cut me off. "Gummy, Its a song. Just enjoy my ass on you."

And I did.