I Am Ironman

AN: flashback continued...

-

Monroe's pov

Tony ducked and dodged a swing from Obadiah. He aimed his hand only to realize he had removed a repulsor. I tried to blast energy of my own, but Obadiah grabbed me and threw me out of sight. I picked myself up and tried to find a way back into the fight. My body suddenly felt tight and out of breath. I looked up to see Tony being squeezed to death. Flares erupted from his suit, disorienting Obadiah. I took my chance to pull Tony to where I was hidden. 

'This isn't working. We're gonna have to overload the reactor and blast the roof' I read from Tony.

'How are we going to do that?'

'You're gonna do it. Go to the central counsel. Open up all the circuits. I'm gonna clear the roof, I'm gonna let you know. You're gonna hit the master bypass button. It'll fry everything up here.'

'How are you going to-'

'I'll keep my mind open'

Following his instructions, I silently jumped off the edge of the roof and used a grappling hook to slow down my fall. Thanks to S.H.I.E.L.D., weapons can be stored in practically anything. I stepped over broken glass to get inside the building after landing.

'Okay, I'm going in now,' I sent up to Tony.

'Make sure you wait until I clear the roof. I'll buy you some time.'

I ran inside and pulled the levers. I walked around the counsel and pressed buttons to charge up the reactor, along with turning on all switches.

'It's ready, Tony. Get off the roof.' I looked up the glass ceiling when it suddenly shattered. I used the energy shield to block any glass that could injure me. I spotted Stark dangling from the ceiling. Standing by, I waited for the signal.

"Jess. Time to hit the button!"

"You told me not to. Not until it was clear."

"Just do it!"

"You'll die!"

"Push it!!"

I slammed the button while holding up my shield to avoid electrocution and ran out. I looked from outside the building, finding Coulson. We watched a beam shoot up to the sky followed by an explosion.

"Tony?!" I yelled. Fangs finally retracted. I climbed back up to the roof from the ladder attached to the side of the building for roof access. I called for Coulson once I found Tony lying unconsciously. S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were immediately called to clean up collateral damage as help came on the way.

Time Skip

"Iron Man? That's kinda catchy. It's got a ring, I mean it's not technically accurate since-"

I purposely decided to ignore the gibberish coming from his mouth as I removed a strip from his nose. I heard Coulson come in, handing Tony some flashcards.

"Here's your alibi," Coulson informed.

"Okay?" Tony took the cards as I gently applied more makeup.

"You were on your yacht..."

"Yeah."

"We have four papers to put you on Avalon all night and sworn statements from fifty of your guests."

"I was thinking maybe we should just say it was just uhh Jess and me. Alone on the island."

He threw me a smirk after I ripped another strip from his face. I smiled lightly but said nothing.