The Reveal

AN: Minor detail, quotes like "these" obviously mean dialogue. 'These' however either mean communication through thoughts, or dialogue in a vision. It won't be hard to tell which is which if you pay attention. Above is the necklace Jess received from her mother. Flashback continued...

-

Monroe's pov

Faint screams were echoing in my head. A child calling for his father as he was being beaten and a mother holding her kids back to protect them. I woke up breathing heavily. My eyes were glowing, but my vision was blurry. I felt anger boiling in my body. Immediately I knew these emotions weren't mine. Despite the awkward tension that was brought from last night, I still had a mission. I was very aware this was no dream. My view cleared up as I watched Stark's environment. He took down a few men and stopped at some innocents being held at gunpoint. With his technology, he placed targets at the armed men and took them down as well. Watching the boy run to his father brought warmth to my heart. If Tony really tried hard enough, he truly could be the hero he says he isn't. I shut my eyes and focused back on my reality. A headache developed as soon as I was free of the vision. I had a really bad feeling Stark was about to get himself into trouble. Looks like my mission isn't over yet.

Time Skip

I was sitting in my office located in the mansion, toying with my necklace. Tony wasn't home and S.H.I.E.L.D. won't let me come in without him. I swiveled my chair impatiently as stared blankly. I started to feel cold, so I asked Jarvis to turn up the temperature. For whatever reason, it wasn't working. I then felt a breeze through my hair, but there aren't any windows to open. Just glass planes and bare walls. I began to twist my necklace around my fingers when a loud whoosh caused me to jump up from my chair. What the hell? I looked around the room. Nothing was out of place nor unfamiliar. I began to hear an engine. Not from a car, but from... a jet. Why does it sound like it's coming closer? It's like it's behind me. I turned around and there it was. As if in slow motion, I ducked before the jet could crash into me, however, it phased through the glass plane straight passed me. My eyes locked on the jet as my surroundings began to change. It's Tony, isn't it? They must be with the air force. This vision was different. It hadn't happened yet. Normally it's in real-time, but maybe it's a development. I rushed to my car and drove down to the military base.

Time Skip

I walked into the base with ease, thanks to my compulsion abilities. I was able to get enough detail about the unmanned ariel vehicle. That's what they're calling it. They're gonna shoot him down. I searched thoughts in hopes I would find Rhodey. To my luck, he was in the command center. I walked over to Rhodes and pulled him away for a second.

"You can't let him shoot it down."

"Montez? How the hell did you get in here?"

"Rhodey, I promise I will explain everything later, but I need you to stop this. If you shoot that thing down, you're gonna kill Tony."

"You mean that's-"

"Yes." 

Rhodey looked at the screens, then back to me. Clearly, he was having a hard time wrapping his head around the idea of how I'm in a military base with valuable information he is in need of while his best friend is about to be killed by his own team. I turned to the screen and focused on his location. My eyes bright blue as I stared straight ahead with a confused Rhodey standing by.

'Tony, you need to call, Rhodey' I added the thought to his already air-filled head.

'What the hell'

I sighed knowing I had to blow my cover now, 'Tony...it's Julia. No time to explain. Just call Rhodey, you have to tell him it's you.'

Tony was also having a hard time processing whatever the hell just happened. These boys need to get a grip before we have to plan a funeral.