Chapter 16

• • •

• • •

"To find my place

I don't need to change"

• • •

It had been under a week since Bucky asked to adopt me. Yesterday we went to court to sign the documents and to get my last name legally changed to Barnes. Luckily for us shield helped with sorting my documents seen as my only known name is 'Wolfie'.

After a couple of days of rest, I started to join Bucky during his workouts. He's acting like an overprotective father already, going easy on me telling me I haven't fully healed yet. But it shows he cares which I'm thankful for.

He got in touch with Coulson the day after he suggested I joined the cadets and requested that we visited the academy allowing me to see if I would like to enroll. He's made it extremely clear that if I don't join the academy I will have to join a school or take online classes. For an ex-assassin, he seems very hot on education.

• • •

We arrived at a Shield base to find Agent Phil Coulson waiting for us in the reception.

"Ah you must be Wolfie Barnes, it's a pleasure to meet you. I can assure you that you'll find your time here today very enlightening and I hope we have the pleasure of accepting you as a cadet in the near future. Now I must run as I have a meeting in ten, but I wanted to formally introduce myself as the principal, if you will, and to welcome you into the academy." Coulson introduced himself quickly. He seemed a rather kind man and I knew I would over time be able to trust him.

He began to walk away but not before he smiled at Bucky: "Good to see you, Barnes."

After Coulson left the receptionist gave us directions to where we needed to go. I followed Bucky down numerous corridors, glad Bucky paid attention to the directions because I certainly didn't.

Bucky pushed open a grey double door leading us into a gym that was quite similar to the one at the tower. There were numerous students partnered up doing hand to hand combat drills with one woman agent walking around giving advice on technique. However, once she saw us standing by the door she nodded her head in acknowledgment then proceeded over to greet us.

"Agent Hills, one of the staff sergeants," She stretched out her arm allowing Bucky to shake hands with her, I then repeated his actions.

"Nice to see you again Bucky. I assume you must be Wolfie." She greeted causing Bucky to smile at her with what looked like to be a hint of guilt. I don't understand why Bucky was guilty but I would guess it might have something to do with when he was under hydras control, obviously ashamed of his actions.

"Today you can observe the classes for as long as you want then you can enroll whenever you feel ready. We have numerous classes running at the same time but I would assume you would find it more beneficial if you observed the different classes with this group due to this being the group you would be joining. They have 2 hrs of hand-to-hand combat training every day not including their additional 2 hrs fitness class three times a week. The cadets study a variety of military subjects including history, strategy and doctrines, geography, intelligence, and logistics. Other than that we run your basic school standard maths, science, and English subjects. Classes are five days a week 0900 hours to 1600 hours. Any questions?" Hills explained very clearly and in a lot of detail. I couldn't think of any subjects so I just shook my head.

"Now that's one thing that will have to change if you choose to become a cadet here. But as your just a prospective student I'll let it slide," smiled at me, referring how I wasn't being very vocal. Bucky playfully nudged me with his elbow at my small scolding. Though I playfully teased back it sparked a little nervousness in me. If I chose to join this academy I will need to become a lot more trusting.

• • •

We had returned to the tower a little a while ago. I decided to go for a shower when we returned, really I just wanted time to process my thoughts on the academy. Although it was very high military standards, that is what I'm used to from hydra.

I finished in the shower and got changed into some burgundy sweatpants, I had brought on a shopping trip with Nat, and a white t-shirt I had stolen from Bucky.

I walked into the communal floor kitchen, in search of Bucky, to find him and Steve cooking.

"Alright lup?" Bucky questioned immediately sensing my presence, causing steve to turn around to notice me standing next to him.

"Nice dress wolfie." Steve teased ruffling my hair. He knew it was another top I had stolen from Bucky even though I had my own clothes now, so I playfully pushed him off me.

"Um... I was wondering if I could join the academy?" I spoke slowly making sure I didn't stammer. Although it was barely above a whisper its a start at being more vocal.

Bucky and Steve both looked at each other before smiling proudly at me for speaking a full sentence with little to no stammers. Suddenly Bucky grabbed me picking me up spinning me around grinning at me.

"Of course you can lup!"

"Thanks, Dad."

"Wait did you just call Bucky Dad?" Steve questioned with a lopsided smirk smiling at my embarrassment.

"I-I umm said Buck not Dad." I tried to argue back, but the super-soldiers were having none of it.

"Nope, no. You definitely called me Dad!" Bucky smirked enjoying teasing me with Steve but I could see in his eyes he was genuinely shocked and extremely happy that I called him that.

"Darn this has disproved my theory that you would end up calling Bucky alpha," Steve said with fake hurt causing me and Bucky to burst out laughing.

"All joking aside Wolfie, you can call me Dad whenever you want. But I'm not going to force you to do anything if you don't want to. Secretly I feel a little too young to be a dad" Bucky said seriously, causing me to snort at his last statement.

"Winter, you're an old man!" I laughed remembering when Sam had called him that in the past. My statement had caused Steve to burst out laughing agreeing with me, but he decided to switch teams. He joined forces with Bucky in tickling me to death on the kitchen floor.

A/N

This is kind of a filler for the next chapters that will follow Wolfie as a cadet at Shield. If you guys have any ideas in what you want to happen while he's at this school academy place please comment down below. 

Also, I never know how to finish chapters XP

Side note I have my driving exam tomorrow which I'm freaking out about cus i don't want to fail :'( 

Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter x