ㄒ卄尺乇乇

LOST

CHAPTER THREE

(I'LL NEVER GIVE UP HOPE)

̒ boys are stupid, hope. trust me. ̓

☆━━━━━━━━━☆

 TJ's one, and only relationship ended tragically

TJ's one, and only relationship ended tragically. It wasn't his fault, and it wasn't hers, but it ended. By the boy who TJ assumed to be Landon's face being attached to some girl he didn't know, TJ assumed that would be the end of Hope's relationship with Mr. Landon Kirby.

Hope was quiet, but TJ could quite literally feel the grief radiating off of her soul, the want to cry washing over him as he took a glimpse into Hope's emotions. TJ wondered how Landon could move on so quickly. From what TJ had heard (through Hope, and her thoughts), Hope had left.

So, why wasn't he looking for her? Hope Mikaelson was the type of person TJ would spend a while looking for if she was his girlfriend. Hope let slip a gulp watching the two smooching sadly. She spun around heading back through the wooded area the two had walked through, TJ following after.

"Boys are stupid, Hope. Trust me." TJ tried to cheer his new friend up, but it didn't seem to register in Hope's head what TJ had just said. "It's not his fault." Hope retorted which only left TJ more confused. If he was over there kissing on some other girl, how was it not Landon's fault? She's lying to you. Look into her mind. She isn't telling you everything.

TJ silently chided himself for thinking that way. Hope confided in him, he had to trust her. Unless she's lying. TJ rolled his eyes, reminding himself that there were a few things he didn't tell her either. "Where are we going?" TJ finally asked, doing his best to get out of his own head.

Hope stopped, so abruptly TJ almost slammed into her back. "I'm taking a bus out of here. I don't know where yet, but I was wondering if you wanted to come." TJ smiled softly at the thought. Hope wanted him to come with her, that had to count for something. "I'm down to go wherever you wanna go." Truth is, TJ didn't really know where he was going. He spent so long running from Daniel, that where he was never really mattered.

Now, it seemed like it mattered. Maybe it was because Hope thought it mattered, but TJ hoped not. There was now way he was crushing on this girl, not now, and not this fast. It couldn't happen. Not after what happened to Toni.

☆━━━━━━━━━☆

Hope plopped down onto the bus bench, placing her newly acquired map into her backpack. TJ stepped up to the bench with a small smile, "Hey, is this seat taken?" The two had been extremely quiet since TJ told Hope he would go with her.

Hope merely smiled, "Go ahead, partner." TJ's mood visibly brightened at the word. They could be runaways together, but as friends. For now. TJ tilted his head to the side at the annoying voice in his head. Shut up. "I'm sure something happened to him. There is no way someone could so easily forget the Hope Mikaelson." Hope laughed.

"You're just saying that cause I wanna hear it." TJ shrugged, "Well, actually that's not how this works. As a partner, I'm kinda here to tell you the things you don't wanna here." Hope gave him a look, "True." TJ grinned brightly, the look on his face resembling that of an excited puppy. "Thank you for being my friend."

"Well, as far as I can tell, you need me, and I need you." Hope made a playful scowl. "I don't need you."

"I'm sorry. Who saved who's butt in the forest yesterday?" Hope laughed. "As not only my partner, but as a telepath, I have to ask you. Is he happy?" TJ gulped, "I think you know what he would say." Truth was, even if TJ didn't believe that Landon wasn't worth Hope's time, she cared for him. "Maybe I just want to hear it from you."

"Fine. Then in that case, there is no world in which he would ever want you to leave town without telling him you're back from the dead." "I never died, technically." TJ didn't know what to say that. He could tell Hope loved this Landon guy, after her heart was broken by some vampire named Roman, little Landon swept her off her feet.

So, he said what he thought Landon would want to say. Even though for some reason, Landon couldn't remember Hope from whatever Malivore did to her friends. "Then he'd want to hear about that too. He loved you, I can see it in your memories. I think he would want to hear about it all. Maybe leaving town isn't a smart move."

"Don't turn this around on me. Okay? Besides, what's happening between him, and Josie?" TJ sighed, he didn't need to look into Landon's mind. Hope's was an open book to him. "So you're mad at him?" Hope shook her head. "No. I'm not mad at him. I can't be mad at him. It's not his fault. He doesn't even know I exist." TJ sighed. "I can't see what you're thinking. Heck, I can see all of your memories, but I don't know anything when it comes to you. You're mind is so complex."

"Is that a bad thing?" TJ shrugged. "There's a lot of things going on that I don't understand, and I got a feeling you're one of them, aren't you?" Hope laughed wiping the tears at her eyes. "Yea, you could say that."

TJ stood up, "Well, then you know what? Screw Landon. You got me now, we're partners. We can fight monsters, and run away from all of our troubles like the Lost Boys, alright?" Hope laughed. "Lost boys?"

TJ places his hands on his hips. "You know what I mean." Hope nodded chuckling softly. "Monster Hunters, Lost Boys. Sounds like a gig." TJ grinned holding out his hand for Hope to take. "A gig we can take together.... as friends." The headlights of the bus were getting close. They reflected off of the ocean blue storms in Hope's eyes that made a mass of beauty.

TJ looked away scolding himself for thinking those thoughts. She doesn't need another Landon Kirby. She needs a friend. Hope, and TJ turned to the oncoming bus that was unnaturally slow. A slight tingling erupted in TJ's temples. "Something's wrong." He realized.

The bus flipped onto its side, light exploding from the tires as they screeched against the ground. TJ extended his hand, the bus stopping under his will just before it could hit the two teens. Steps thundered down the road meaning whatever was coming to them was big. Coming from the blankets of the shadows was a green beast, hair covered it eyes, and it's back, and it was at least eight feet tall. "Oh, crap."

Literally, I love Landon's character, and his relationship with Hope, but writing this story makes me hate him

Literally, I love Landon's character, and his relationship with Hope, but writing this story makes me hate him. Like how Landon? How could you forget Hope flippin Mikaelson? But, I might be just saying this because TJ's my child, and he deserves happiness with Hope.