千丨ᐯ乇

LOST

CHAPTER FIVE

(THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT)

━━━━━━━━━

 Alaric grunts, and groans resembled that of TJ's grandfather, but that wasn't something he was going to point out

Alaric grunts, and groans resembled that of TJ's grandfather, but that wasn't something he was going to point out. Hope helped him off of the ground, quick to reply to his horrifying question. 'Who were they?' "We're vampire hunters. Brother, and sister. And we-we came across a creature."

Vampires are real?! TJ was ecstatic with the information he was a big fan of the Blade movies when he was younger. Though, he should've assumed seeing as there are witches, and vampires fall along the supernatural lines. "What kind of creature?" Principal Saltzman inquired pulling TJ from his fanboy thoughts.

"A creature that's big enough to flip over an empty bus. It's green, it's ugly, and it smells absolutely terrible, so we're going with troll?" TJ nodded adding on, "And, it's hiding somewhere inside the school." Alaric held doubtful eyes clearly not buying into the two's story. "Uh-Huh. And how do you know that?"

"Because we wounded it," Hope informed. "It's nocturnal, so it hides out during the day. We found a legend that says you gotta pierce it through the heart."   "Listen, you two are not doing anything. Okay? You're just kids. If there's a monster in my school, I'm gonna take care of it."

TJ rolled his eyes at the man's age discrimination. "No offense, but we've been trying to kill this thing for over a week, and nothing's worked." The edge of Alaric's lips lifted upwards into a cocky smirk. "If you are vampire hunters, then I'm sure you've heard of Alaric Saltzman? Yeah, I know what I'm doing." TJ turned to Hope who played it off very well in his opinion.

"Yeah, you're very famous around here, but you're gonna need our help." Alaric turned around, squinting at the teen annoyed to some extent. "I have put kids in danger before, and I'm not gonna make that mistake again." The bell rung covering up TJ's gulp. Whatever this guy did, must've been bad.

Boys piled into the room, and TJ was reminded once again of that god awful smell. Alaric cleared his throat, "Yes, of course, we'd love to have you two try out for the team. All are welcome. But certainly, in the, uh, meantime just go to class, and..." Alaric leant forward spitting alittle as he whispered, "Stay there."

TJ rolled his eyes before heading out of the locker room with Hope close behind. "So..." TJ whipped around to the sound of the boy from earlier's voice. "You going out for kicker, or are you just stalking me?" TJ cocked an eyebrow. Was he really flirting with Hope? Before TJ could find a snarky remark, Hope scoffed. "Stalking you? I think it's pretty clear who's stalking who here. Besides, if I went out, it'd be for QB-1."

The chorus of 'Ooh's' from Hope's subtle threat made TJ smirk. Hope could handle herself, she most definitely didn't need TJ's help. The past few hours have proved that theory.

☆━━━━━━━━━☆

"What's that?" Hope shook the mason jar filled with a bubbling blue liquid a little more. "Artificial Sunlight." TJ nodded, not surprised by the strange potions anymore, merely impressed. "When I throw this at the troll, you're gonna bust the jar, and make it explode." Once again, TJ nodded not surprised with being the one to take orders either.

When the final bell rang, Hope did a small visual scan of the hallway, checking for any stragglers. Deciding the coast was clear, she laced her fingers into TJ's pulling him along. TJ was exploding on the inside. He didn't know how else to describe the feeling of her hand in his. It was like liquid fire spread along his skin trailing it way down his back, and all the way to his toes.

"TJ, come on." Said boy, noticed he had stopped walking whilst thinking so deeply about the stupid hand holding. "Sorry." TJ shook his head, trying to ward off these ridiculous hormonal feelings, and pushed on following after Hope.

The troll was in the basement. After a lot of work sitting in the back of a geometry class, TJ had honed in on the dark thoughts of the creature which mostly consisted of sleep, and murder. TJ was on the second to last step heading down for the basement when the beast roared. He jumped, skipping over the last steps, landing on the ground next to Hope.

The tribrid rolled the mason jar past Principal Saltzman, and over to the feet of the creature. "Now!" She yelled, and TJ did as instructed. He thrust out his hand, and willed the glass to shatter. Light exploded from the jar making the beast only growl more, doing its best to shield its eyes. "Hope!" Principal Saltzman grabbed the arrow that laid on the ground next to him throwing it into the air.

Hope held out her hand, the arrow stopping. She pushed out, and the arrow flew into the troll. "See? You're not the only one with cool powers." Hope told TJ as the troll fell to the ground. "Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead, and agree with your troll theory." TJ glanced back to Principal Saltzman flashing a smile.

"Yeah, well, it's nocturnal, so I figured I'd just make some artificial sunlight."  "You didn't— you didn't say you were also a witch." Alaric whipped around in TJ's direction. "And what are you? A witch too?" TJ merely shrugged. "You don't know?"

"Look, we're just here to kill this monster. Okay? Then, we'll be on our way before this gets any more complicated." As if Hope had jinxed the three, a female voice spoke up. "Um..." TJ frowned at the girl. Of course someone would show up. "What is that?"

"Oh, sure. You had to say something. Didn't you, Hope?"