乇丨Ꮆ卄ㄒ

LOST

CHAPTER EIGHT

(YOU REMIND ME OF SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW)

━━━━━━━━

"TJ? Can you hear me?" The crazily powered teenage boy walked through  darkness, water splashing at his bare feet

powered teenage boy walked through  darkness, water splashing at his bare feet. Never ending chatter from the thoughts of humans. "Who am I speaking to?"

"Daniel." TJ gasped as the man appeared in front of him. "How is this possible?" Daniel merely smiled. "I figured if I summoned you in my mind that you would hear me." TJ looked around, darkness surrounding them at every side. "Dude, your mind is dark." The older man let out a chuckle that could only be described as evil sounding. "My mind is constantly thinking of the time I spent in Malivore. The place where my brother is now."

TJ tried to swallow down his fear, taking an unintentional step back. "I already told you, man. I don't know how to get your brother out." Daniel smirked tilting his head to the side. "I realized that. After some detailed research, I have found out your girlfriend is the key to my brother escaping Malivore."

TJ snorted, "To bad I don't have a girlfriend then."    "I'm speaking out your precious Mikaelson." TJ's jaw clenched, and this time, his step was closer to Daniel. "You stay away from her!"

"My brother is trapped! And your girlfriend is the only one who can get him out!" TJ shut his eyes, focusing on getting out of this dark place. Daniel's deep chuckle echoed through his mind. "I will find you."

"TJ?!" Said boy, launched forward, his eyes blown in panic. "Sorry, you were spazzing out, it scared me." TJ raked his fingers through his hair in panic, "I have to leave. We have to leave, we need to get out of here." Hope's eyebrows knit together. "TJ, what happened?"

"I should've just left you in the Forest," he whispered to himself. "You would've been fine. You could've protected yourself." Hope gingerly placed her hand on TJ's cheek, softly pushing him to look at her. "What's going on?"

"He's coming. Daniel's coming for you." Hope was always full of surprises, and TJ was beginning to get used to it, but when she laughed, TJ was pretty sure she was somewhat insane. "TJ, we'll be fine, okay?" The boy shook his head. "You don't understand. I've fought him before, he's powerful."

"TJ, you're not alone anymore. We're a lot more powerful together. We can beat him." TJ swallowed hard, trying his best to calm his breathing. "Promise, we'll stick together?" Hope gave one of those dazzling smiles, nodding. "I'll be by your side 24/7."

"Thank you."

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆

TJ walked with Hope through the school buses to under the patio. Teenagers0 yelled at each other to 'Run!' as they dropped their buckets. Toilet paper dangled from the roof, and over the Timberwolves logo, read in bright yellow spray paint,

STALLIONS
RULE.

Sirens whooped as a cop car parked on the side of the concrete. "This looks pretty self-explanatory, but you want to give it a shot?" TJ turned back to Hope hoping she would have an answer, and as usual, she did. "Uh, toxic masculinity mixed with outdated sports pranks?"

The back window of the car rolled down revealing a tan girl with brown eyes, and a black hat. "There's no way Hope did it. She's a Timberwolf. Not a stallion." Hope's eyebrows pulled together as she looked at the girl. "Maya? What happened?"

The girl who TJ learned to be named Maya made a strange expression. "Oh, don't worry. She's my mom." Maya pushed the door open stepping out of the cop car. "We don't really like to talk about it." TJ, and Hope shared a look before questioning simultaneously, "We?"

The one boy TJ hoped he wouldn't see for very long time appeared from the opposite side of the car. "Hey, guys."    "Ethan? So you guys are...?" TJ looked between the three, now able to see the similarities since they had pointed them out. "My kids. No matter how much it embarrasses them."

"'Cause who doesn't like getting dropped off to school in a cop car?" Sarcasm laced his words as he stepped past his mother. "I'm on official business." The siblings ignored the sheriff walking away. "Now..." the woman stepped closer to the Hope, and TJ. "Show me where I can find, Principal Saltzman."

☆━━━━━━━━━━━☆

"Yeah, sorry, I... I haven't seen him." Dr. Saltzman stated handing the photo of a boy named Dennis back to the sheriff. "Like I said, I'm pretty new here." Alaric smiled warmly. "Well, his teammates last saw him at the old mill by the Salvatore School. We found his truck abandoned, and his hunting rifle nearby."

"Okay. Well, I will check in with his classmates, and his teachers. I wish I could be more helpful, but like I said, I'm still getting to know the students." Alaric inhaled sharply before adding, "And the sheriff." The woman smiled looking down. "I was friends with the old one."

"Please, no more stories about how great Sheriff Donavon was. His shoes are already big enough. And this is... my first real case since I moved from the city. Truthfully, I didn't mind that my biggest concern up to this point, was a rash of missing dogs." The sheriff smirked leaning forward, "Maybe they're connected."

"Maybe." The two shared a laugh before the woman stood up. "I'll leave you my phone number. Call me anytime." As soon as Alaric was sure the sheriff had left the room, he spun around. "Did you get all that?" The invisibility spell Hope had used to conceal her, and TJ faded, the two teens both giving Alaric smirks.

"Yeah. She's definitely into you." A chuckle fell from TJ's lips as he nodded. "What? No. No, she's just new to town, trying to make friends. Which is exactly what you two need to be doing." Dr. Saltzman swiftly changed the subject. "Yeah, well, tried that last year didn't really work out. So, I'm gonna focus on monster slaying."

"I'm with Hope on this one. Social interaction isn't exactly a skill for me." Dr. Saltzman laughed, shaking his head. "Well, it sounds like there could be another monster lurking around the Salvatore School. So, I'll check with Dorian since he has access to research we don't. Any other ideas?"

"Just one, but, uh... we're all gonna hate it."

 Fun fact, TJ isn't a football person

Fun fact, TJ isn't a football person. When he was younger, he played soccer for a few years, but he wasn't really good at that either. Let us see how this will play out.