Study Time

Dracos POV-

Over the next month, they met to study or just talk every day. On Saturdays, they would always meet at the little cave, and she would ask him every time to read to her.  They'd finished Romeo and Juliet and moved onto A Midsummer Night's Dream. He had read through Pride and Prejudice, and just like she'd said, he loved it. 

As they sat together in the cave, him reading to her, her head suddenly fell onto his shoulder. He looked over and saw she'd fallen asleep. He gently laid her back on the bed and stood. He stood, moving to leave.

"No, stay." Hermione's tired, half-asleep voice whined. Draco frowned, looking back at her. Her arms were outstretched towards him, and she looked like an innocent child, despite the fact that she was 20. He hesitated before setting his bag down. She grabbed him and pulled him into the bed, cuddling into him. He frowned and looked at her before hesitantly wrapping his arms around her. She smiled happily and fell asleep again. 

Draco frowned and stared up at the ceiling. 

Why is she being so nice? 

He tensed slightly as he fell asleep, feeling a flashback coming on.

Flashback

Draco was frozen in place, forced to watch as his psycho aunt carved into Hermione's arm. He wish he could scream, cry, stop Bellatrix. But his dream never actually let him. He was stuck, watching the same scene over and over again. 

"Please! Leave her alone!" He tried to yell, but he couldn't

Draco shot up, breathing heavily. Hermione was holding his shoulders, face worried as he looked at her. Hot tears stung his eyes and he pushed up from the bed, standing and grabbing the edge of the desk as the flashback kept tormenting his mind.

"Draco?" He heard Hermione whisper from behind him. He heard her stand and he felt her small hand come up to rub his back.

"I'm sorry..." He choked out as his head turned so he could look back at her. His eyes fell on the arm that had the scar she'd gotten that night. He sighed sadly and turned his face away from her. He sighed and grabbed his bag. "I-i'll see you later, ok?" He whispered, walking away and leaving her alone as she stared at him, eyes full of desperation and worry. 

-time skip-

Draco didn't go to classes. He was in a prefects bathroom, sighing as he tried to relax in the large bath. 

You idiot, she hates you! Get a grip and stop going to her, you lovesick traitor!

Draco sighed. His pessimistic side always sounded like his father. That voice never left him alone, always tormenting his thoughts and actions. He sighed and dove down into the bath, not hearing the door open and someone enter, crying. He emerged from the water, back to the door. He smoothed his blonde hair down then frowned when he heard crying. He turned and saw Hermione's curly brown hair rushing to a bathroom stall. He quickly got out of the bath and wrapped a towel around his waist, rushing to the stall. 

"Hermione?" He whispered. The stall door opened, and Hermione tackled him, crying. He fell back, hitting the ground and desperately trying to keep the towel around his waist. "Hey, hey! Whats wrong?"

She sniffled. "Pansy c-called me a mudblood slut..." she whispered. 

Draco frowned, anger growing in his stomach. "Oh, Hermione..." He held her closer. He looked around then picked her up and set her on the edge of the bath. "Get undressed and get in the bath. Once you're covered, tell me and I'll join you and give you a massage to help you relax." She sniffled. He turned away as she undressed and slipped into the bubble bath. She made sure the bubbled covered her. 

"Ok." She said. Draco climbed in then turned her away from him, slowly massaging her back. He felt her muscles relax under his touch and she sniffled. 

"Just ignore her, ok? She's a bitch." He whispered. He saw she was staring at her arm. He took her arm in his hands and hesitated before lifting it to his lips and kissing it. He looked at her and their eyes met. 

"Draco..." she breathed.

--------

704 words