The New Year's Ball

Draco's POV-

It was the day after Christmas, and he was trying to find the right time to ask Hermione out to the New Years Ball. While the curly haired brunette was sitting at her table for lunch, he sighed and stood, moving to her table. She smiled as she saw her boyfriend approach the table. She leaned up and kissed him softly.

"What's wrong, Dray?" She asked.

"Will you go to the ball with me?" He asked nervously. She laughed, and he half expected her to say no. He looked down.

"Of course I'll go to the ball with you, Draco." She stood and kissed him softly. 

He let out a shaky breath and kissed her back. 

-Time Skip-

Draco wore a simple all black suit, running his hand through his hair nervously as he waited at the bottom of the stairs outside the great hall for his girlfriend. When he heard the click of heels coming down the stairs, he looked up and saw the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

Her curly brown hair was wrapped up into an elegant bun, a butterfly hair comb decorating it. She had delicate makeup and jewelry that perfectly matched her red silk high-low dress. Red lipstick contrasted against her pale skin. His mouth fell open slightly at the sight of her. She gave a slight smirk, moving to him and using her finger to push his chin up, closing his mouth.

"You'll catch flies." She said, pecking his lips softly. He looked at her.

"Can't help it, when I just saw the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He whispered.

She blushed, smiling up at him. They walked into the ball together, Draco with his hand gently set on the small of her back. McGonagall already had music playing, the lights low with enchanted snow falling from the ceiling. It dissipated before it ever came down to the students. Couples were already dancing together to the beat of the slow song. Draco smiled and guided Hermione onto the dance floor with him as the song changed. Some muggle song she'd shown him. 

I found a love for me, darling just dive right in, follow my lead...

He began to sway with her as he leaned his forehead against hers. He stared into her beautiful brown eyes, love the only thing within his stormy grey eyes. 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song, when you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath but you heard it...

"Darling, you look perfect tonight." He sang along with the song. She looked up at him with a loving smile as he sang along with his soft, silky voice.

"Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know, she shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home..." As he sang through the verse, Hermione's eyes pricked with happy tears.

At the end of the song, he leaned down to sing softly in her ear. 

"Darling, you look perfect tonight..." He held her close. She hugged his neck, sniffling happily as a single tear slipped down her cheek. "I love you, Hermione. More than you could ever know." He whispered. "I know its only been a week of us officially being together, and I know I don't have a ring, but... I want that song to be our reality. I want to... I want to marry you. I don't care when. It could be right here, right now. All I know is that I want you to be in my life forever." He hadn't even realized he had moved onto one knee in front of her. The students around them had stopped dancing, watching the couple, but Draco didn't notice. All he saw was her. 

Hermione's POV-

Hermione watched with tears of joy spilling down her face as her boyfriend of a week knelt in front of her and asked her to marry him. She held his hand and covered her mouth, crying happily and nodding. 

"Yes. I-I'll marry you, Draco." She said softly. A band of light appeared around her finger, and McGonagall smiled as she saw it appear from her charm. Draco stood and hugged her waist tightly, kissing her as the ball burst into applause and cheers.