Christmas Eve

Draco's POV-

After dinner the next day, he moved to that same classroom. He hadn't seen Hermione all day, as she was putting final touches on the decorations. She was curled up on a couch she'd conjured, dressed in comfy PJs with a cup of hot cocoa. She looked up as the door opened, Draco stepping in. He gave her a small, sincere smile.

"I didn't know we were dressing in PJs." He said. He watched as she set her cocoa on the coffee table and stood, smiling.

"Don't worry, I got one of your dorm mates to get some of your pjs for you." She said, picking up a sweater and fuzzy pj pants. She handed them to him, then turned away and covered her eyes. 

Draco looked at her confusedly before realizing. He quickly got changed then tapped her shoulder so she knew to turn around. She smiled up at him then hugged his neck. 

"The Weasley's sent you some gifts with mine." She whispered as he wrapped his muscular arms around her waist. He frowned into her neck.

"They did? Why?" He asked softly.

"I told them about how you've changed. And Mr. Weasley saw how you had changed at the trial. It looks like Mrs. Weasley sent you a sweater too." She said, pulling him over to the Christmas tree. She tucked her feet beneath her and grabbed her hot cocoa. She patted the ground beside her, inviting him to sit beside her. She turned and started the record player. Draco tilted his head at it.

"What's that?" He asked curiously as Christmas music softly began to play.

"It's a record player. We use records with music on them, and a tiny little needle reads it and turns it into music."

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful...

He listened in awe of the music playing through the speakers of the record player. He watched the record spin curiously. Hermione smiled and kissed his cheek softly.

"You pick a gift first." She whispered, which caused his stormy grey eyes to swivel to her. he looked to the pile of gifts then looked through them. He hesitated.

"D-do I have to pick first?" He looked at her, hesitation and fear in his eyes. He didn't want to lose that moment of being with her. He looked down, but soon was forced to look back up when Hermione's petite hand settled on his cheek.

"Drake, I'm here for you. I want you to know that. This school year has helped me a lot, and I want you by my side. I-I can't say that I love you yet, but I'm sure that I will soon." She whispered, leaning up to kiss him softly. He kissed her back gently, tears swimming in his eyes. He nodded shakily then picked up a gift from the pile. He sat back beside her, looking at the gift quietly. After a moment of silence, his long fingers moved to gingerly undo the wrapping. 

His eyes widened when he saw what was inside.

"What? This book hasn't even been released yet!" He said, eyes lighting up with happiness as he lifted the newest edition of Potions to Daze and Dazzle. He had always been a huge lover of potions. It was the class he had gotten closest to being first in when in school. She smiled.

"The writer is a friend of mine. I got her to get me a copy before the release." She said, giving him a happy smile. She squeaked in surprise when he suddenly hugged her, tackling her to the ground.

"Thank you!" He said happily. She laughed and hugged his neck.

"You're welcome, Draco." She giggled into his chest happily, inhaling and purring. 

"Your turn." He said, sitting up and hugging the book to his chest with a happy smile.

Hermione's POV-

She smiled at the sight of her boyfriend hugging his gift close. She moved to the pile of gifts up and picked up a small one. She moved back to Draco, sitting and leaning into him as she undid Draco's rough wrapping. She gasped a she saw the necklace sitting in the small box. It held a charmed silver and green snake. It woke at the heat of her hand and slithered around her fingers. Draco smiled and reached under his sweater to pull the matching, yet larger, snake charm he held on hid necklace. 

"They're enchanted lovers as well. When they are near their pair, they will wake up." He said. Hermione smiled happily and clasped it around her neck. The twin snakes woke and slithered around their respective pendants happily. 

-Time skip-

They were curled up together on the couch, talking happily with each other. She had charmed the ceiling to be a vision of the night sky. They watched the stars together, cozy with the warmth of the fireplace. 

When she yawned, she heard Draco speak up.

"You know, I think I know what my favorite present from this Christmas will be." He said contemplatively. She frowned.

"You've only opened one gift, how could you know?" she asked. He smiled and looked at her.

"You're wrong. I've opened two."

"What, how?"

"You. The best gift is you." He said.

Her eyes swam with happy tears.

"You're the best gift too." 

They sealed their future together with one, long, passionate kiss.

That was when they both knew. They knew they'd fall in love.

--------------------------

900 Words