The Awkward Kiss

Hermione's POV-

"Draco..." she whispered shakily. Draco's eyes flicked down to Hermione's lips and she blushed. 

She decided not to think. She just leaned up and pressed her lips to his. She was surprised when his lips moved against her. Her arms went to wrap around his neck, but after a moment, she pushed away. 

"God, I'm sorry, merlin..."She rubbed her face. "I'm sorry, I-i shouldn't have done that." 

Draco sighed and turned away as she climbed out of the bath and threw her clothes on. 

"I-I'll see you later?" She said hesitantly. She looked down sadly when Draco shook his head.

"I'm gonna go to Hogsmede tonight." He said quietly.

"Ok..." she said sadly

-Time Skip-

It had been two weeks since she had seen Draco. He hadn't been coming to their study sessions, and he seemed to be avoiding her. The loneliness set in again and she looked down at her feet. She was in the library again, waiting to see if Draco would come to study with her. She waited until about an hour after their usual meeting time, then sighed and stood. Right then, Draco's white-blonde hair turned the bookshelf. 

"Hermione..." He said. She looked up and smiled. 

"You came..." She whispered happily. 

"Sorry, I just needed time to process... you know..."

"I get it... I-I shouldn't have pushed myself on you-" Draco cut her off.

"I liked it, Hermione."

She looked up in surprise and her jaw fell. "Y-you did?"

Draco nodded and moved to her. "I liked it."

Hermione gulped and nodded. An awkward silence filled the air, and she decided to try to find something to talk about.

"What are you doing for Christmas?" she asked softly.

"Nothing. My family didn't celebrate Christmas, so I don't usually do anything."

She frowned. "That's so sad!" She thought for a moment. "I was gonna go home, but I want to stay and give you a good Christmas." She said.

Draco frowned. "No, no, you don't have to do that..."

"No, I want to. I'm gonna give a good Christmas." She said firmly, eyes filling with determination. She saw Draco sigh and shake his head. 

"Fine, if you want to."

--------

Sorry this is so short, I have been having writers block

764 words