A Dark and Wondrous Night

Draco's POV-

After the swift ceremony, performed by Kingsley Shacklebolt, Draco whisked Hermione away in a thestral drawn carriage, which carried them up into the sky. Draco held his wife's hand and grinned, leaning to her and kissing her deeply. 

But he suddenly broke out into a coughing fit, trying to bat away the sudden smoke that had filled the carriage. He pulled his wand from his suit jacket and flicked it, clearing the smoke. But when he looked up...

His brand-new wife was gone, and all that was left was a note

You were mine, but you had to go and fall for the mudblood. Sign the divorce papers within 24 hours, or your precious little Granger dies. 

Draco knew that handwriting. He quickly told the driver to turn them around back to Hogwarts.

-Time skip- 

Draco's hair was a mess as he paced in Harry's Auror office. He was furious, and desperate. He had lost her.

The only person that mattered to him anymore.

And he had lost her.

"Malfoy... what did the note say again?" He said, struggling to stay calm. Draco grunted and shoved the note into Harry's hands. 

"It's Pansy, I know it!"

"Malfoy, we can't just assume stuff like that!"

"I WAS HER FRIEND FOR 17 YEARS, I KNOW HER HANDWRITING AND I KNOW HOW SHE TALKS!" He roared.

"Fine, then it's Pansy. Where would she take her?"