Chapter | 26

"Most people would sooner die than think;
in fact,
they do so. "
-Bertrand Russell

•Alexis' POV•

The whole morning the new girl, Jessie, has been clinging to Blake like a fly!

She tries to talk to him even when he told her countless times to "Shut your mouth and keep all that toilet smell in your mouth. Oh and here's a piece of gum."

The worst part was when she kept touching his biceps! I honestly don't even know why I'm getting all worked up about another girl trying to get Blake's attention.

I mean, we aren't even dating or anything. He's just my childhood best friend. Period.

"Blakkkkkeeeee! Baby!" she screamed as she ran to our table in the cafeteria.

Luckily there was no more space for another person. Unless someone sat on someone's lap.

She pouted. Or at least tried to. Her mouth looks like Donald Duck.

"Where am I supposed to sit, Blakey?"

Oh no she didn't! She did not use my nickname on him!

He snapped his head at her.

"First of all my name is Blake to you. No one besides Alexis is allowed to call me Blakie/Blakey!  Don't even call me baby, either! And second of all go seat your ass next to the trash can. Where you belong."

Her eyes began to tear up as she stares at Blake is shocked.

"B-but-"

"No!"

I grabbed onto Blake's arm. I suddenly felt bad for her.

"Maybe you should let her sit her. You are being a little harsh, " I whispered.

"No."

I pouted at him and gave him my best puppy eyes.

"Please."

He let out a sigh.

"Fine. Only if you sit on my lap since they're no more room for another fat person."

He mumbled the fat person. I was going to protest when he picked me up and put me on his lap. He wraps his arms around my waist and grin.

"Much better, " he mumbled.

I turn and look at a glaring Jessie.

"Um. You can sit now if you still want to."

She quickly sat down in my old spot. She gave me a fake smile.

"Of course I would love to sit here!"

She then turns her attention to Blake, staring at him in lust.

"So...I'm planning a welcome party this weekend so I can meet everyone here. Since you know, I'm new here."

"Okay. And what does this have to do with me?" Blake wondered.