Chapter | 36

"The key to success
Is to focus on
Goals, not obstacles"

Alexis' POV

Blake pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out a frustrated sigh.

He stared at all three of us in his office as he glared at Cassidy and the guards behind us.

"Let me get this straight," he started, "You guys just suddenly got into a crazy catfight?"

I nodded my head.

"Seems about right."

He rolled his eyes while giving me a small smile. He turned his attention to his stepmother who let out a scoff.

He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Now, tell me, Cassidy. What are you doing here in my house."

He shook his head.

"No. No. Let me rephrased that. Who the HELL let her in?! Hm!"

The guards behind are stiff as they look at one another. One guy in the line was shaking as he nervously looks around.

"I don't get all day."

Still, no one said anything. Blake lean back in his chair.

"Everyone besides you three, wait in the gym room. I'll talk with you guys after I'm finished with these three."

They bow their heads saying "yes, sir" before scrambling out of the room. The door shut with a loud crack.

"So. Cassidy, why are you here? I know my father wouldn't have let you come over without letting me know."

She straightens up as she glared at him.

"I am your mother-"

"Step-mother," Blake corrected her.

She rolled her eyes.

"And? I'm still your mother!"

Blake opened his mouth to speak but Cassidy interrupted him.

"I came here informing you that the wedding is still happening. I don't care if she is your 'fiancée' you WILL still be marrying Valerie."

My heart suddenly stopped. I look at Blake, hoping this was just a nightmare. But all he had was anger in his eyes. I let out a sigh, he isn't getting married.

I think

Blake's fist slams the desk, shutting her up. His eyes darken as a storm formed in his eyes.

"No way in hell am I marrying her."

"Why not! She will be a better wife than she," she jabbed a finger at me, "will ever be."

That hurts...

"How would you know. Your whole marriage with my father is a disaster. How would you know anything about marriage," Blake said in a deadly calm voice.