Chapter | 40

"There are no secrets
That time does not reveal"

•Alexis' POV•

"Let me go!"

I rubbed my temple as Cassidy continued to yell and ranted. Her vocal cords have to be screaming at her at this point.

After Blake and everyone else came and save me, by simply tracking down the van, we tied Cassidy and Valerie down in the basement.

Valerie was struggling against the ropes and chair as Blake's stepmom yelled. I was having a headache, listening to her loud voice.

But oh, how the table has turned.

Ashley and Peter decided to stay in the living room with the three amigos while Adam, Blake, and I stayed in the basement with these two.

And now it's time to get some answers.

"What do you know about my parents' death?" I asked Cassidy.

"I'll never tell you!" She spat in my face.

I cringed.

Just when I was about to wipe away the spit, Blake came over and clean my face with a paper towel. His eyebrows furrowed as he wiped my entire face clean.

"Ok, Blake. That's enough, " I kissed his cheeks reassuring him that my face was okay.

"Whatever you say, gattina."

I rolled my eyes at him. We stare at each other until a cough was heard. We look away as Adam wiggled his eyebrows at us.

"Ok back to business."

"What do you know about my parents' death?" I repeated my question to Cassidy.

She remains silent.

"Talk!"

"Never!"

That earned a slap from Blake. Two gasped were heard. One from me and one from Valerie. I knew him despite her but I didn't expect him to slap a woman.

"Tell her what you know or else you will get more than a slap!"

Cassidy trembled under his gaze as she gaped at him. She knew better than to mess with a Mafia King.

(I just realized that this is probably one of the very few chapters that mention 'Mafia' related stuff in this story...oops)

"I-I don't k-kn-"

"Don't lie!"

"B-bu-"

Blake grabbed her neck, squeezing it, but not too tight to where she can't breathe.

"Cassidy!" Valerie screamed.

"If you don't speak I will chock you to death."

Suddenly, Cassidy laughed. She threw her head back, laughing like a goat. Blake backs away as everyone looks at her in confusion.