Chapter | 31

A room without books
is like a body
without a soul.

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

•Alexis' POV•

I shove some lasagna in my mouth as I told her about the note Blake left. I was upset. I woke up with no one cuddling with me.

"He did that!" Ashley commented.

"Yes!" I shrieked.

Ashley set her fork down before shoving a big chunk of lasagna in her mouth.

"I should be mad at him for doing that to you, but wow." She shoved another piece in her mouth, "He can cook!"

I rolled my eyes.

Her and her food.

Ashley pointed a fork at me.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. You know you love food too. You eat like a pig and look like a pig. Might as well admit it, before I eat all of the lasagnas. And you know lover boy wouldn't be happy about that."

I stole a piece of lasagna from her.

"HEY!"

She pokes me with her fork.

"OW! Wait-EW!"

She stole her lasagna back. She sticks her tongue out as she ate it with her mouth open. I cringed.

"So what is going on between you and Peter?" I suddenly asked.

I noticed her body tense before she relaxed. She looks behind me as her eyes clouded. She was thinking. I mentally smirked. I'm going to spy on their next date.

"Nothing."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah right. The last couple of times I saw you guys you two were getting all close and stuff. You even kissed his cheek! You always said how much you dislike him!"

Ashley's face redden. She quickly shook her head.

"No! No! You are thinking wrong. I only k-kissed his cheeks, b-because... we grew closer when you were gone, " she tried to convince me.

"Sure, " I said sarcastically.

"Fine! We a-are..."

I encouraged her to continue, even though I knew the answer.

"D-dating..."

I burst out laughing. She started at me with a blank face. I can't believe that PETER CARTER has a girlfriend!

"Why aren't pant you laughing?" I manage to say.

"Nothing is funny here."

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it isn't."

"Ye-" I was interrupted by someone opening the front door.

We both hop off the dining table as we got ready to fight. In came Blake with his hands full as he tried to balance everything. I glanced at the clock next to him and saw that it was 2 in the morning. Dang. We have been up too long. He set it down before looking at us.