𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 | 𝐊𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬

Klaus was your best friend in the whole entire world. He was always there when you needed him or just wanted to have fun, but lately he wasn't. You had tried calling him but he didn't respond. It had been almost 2 months now and it was beginning to worry you. What if he's in jail, what if he OD? There were so may bad possibilities that you didn't want to think about.

Today you had enough of him not answering your calls and decided to head over to his apartment. You walked up to his door and knocked on it. You waited almost a minute before he answered the door. When he did answer he was dressed in a skirt and no top as usual.

He looked at you up and down,
"oh ummm hi."

"Hi? That's all you have to say for yourself."

You might have been acting a bit mean but he didn't have the right to ghost you for two months and then just say hi.

"Did you not get my 30 calls?"

"I did but-"

"Then why didn't you answer me?"

"Y/N" Klaus sadly looked you in the eyes, "I don't think we can be friends anymore"

"What?" You were shocked to say the least. 3 months ago you two were going to parties till 1:00 in the morning and now he didn't even want to talk to you.

"I don't- I just don't think we should hang out anymore"

"This is bullshit, the Klaus I know would never just leave his best friend out of thin air with no explanation whatsoever!"

"I'm sorry ok, listen I-" he paused for a moment, "Can we go back to your place?"

"Will you tell me what all this nonsense is about if we do?"

"Yes"

"Ok then grab a coat and let's go" He grabbed a long black coat and put on shoes. You too headed back out to your car and you began driving.

Something was off with Klaus. He wasn't his talkative, easy going, fun loving self. It bothered you, it made you feel weird.

You two got out of the car and he sat on the couch once inside.

"I'll grab us drinks." You went over to the kitchen and made two cups of tea.
"Is tea ok Klaus?"

"Yeah that's great actually......."

You finished making the tea and sat on the couch with him.

"So are you gonna tell me why you've been avoiding me or what?"

Klaus's leg began to bounce and he wove his hands together in and out. You placed a hand on his bouncing leg and looked at him with comforting eyes. His eyes meet yours and he let out a long aggravated sigh.

"Y/N I love you....."

"I love you too Klaus!"

"And that is why we can't hang out anymore."

"What do you mean?"

Klaus sighed again "You don't deserve me. You deserve so much better."

"Your amazing Klaus, what are you talking about?"

"I'm a drug addicted, I have two dollars to my name, I see dead people, I'm a mess with PTSD and daddy issues.......I want you to have someone good for you."

Your heart was breaking and beating faster than you could ever imagine. The love of your life just said he loved you back, but he also said that he thinks you shouldn't be together.

"Klaus........ you really don't get it do you?"

"Get what?" He looked so broken and so confused all at the same time.

"That's what I love about you, all your problems and issues are what make you you. Just because you are traumatized by ghost doesn't mean I don't love you. You are always there when I'm sad, happy, or nervous. Your the life of the party and can make anyone smile and laugh. If someone out there doesn't like you its their loss."

He smiled that perfect smile at you, "Do you really think I'm that great?"

"Of course"

He kissed you. The two of you kissed for a few seconds then you pulled away.

"So are you still leaving me?"

"Not a chance" Klaus said, then immediately started kissing kissing you again.