𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | 𝐃𝐢𝐞𝐠𝐨

Allison was throwing a party tonight at her house and you and Diego were invited. It took some convincing but after a while he finally agreed to go. The two of you never got out of the house much so this would be something fun and different to do. It was a fancy party so you both had to get dressed up. Diego was going to wear a black suit and you were going to wear a black dress. You had already seen Diego's suit but he hadn't seen your dress yet.

Diego had finished getting ready and was waiting for you. You were in the bathroom finishing putting on your makeup.

"You almost ready Y/N?"

"One second!"

You looked at yourself one more time in the mirror. You thought you looked pretty good. You then stepped out of the bathroom to see Diego standing there waiting.

"How do I look," you asked him.

His jaw dropped. He looked you up and down.

"Y-y-you......you.....you......I-" He closed his mouth. His eyes began to water.

You didn't know what was wrong, twenty minutes ago he seemed fine but now he was on the verge of tears.

"I-I-I'm s-s-so-sorry," he chocked out.

"No no- it's alright, come here."

He did as he was told and came right up to you. You pulled him into a hug.

"Dee what's wrong?"

"Y-you de-deserve some-someone who can
t-tell you how b-beautiful you look
with......without st-stu-stuttering."

"We've been over this, it's ok that you have a stutter. I'll love you no matter what. And when you stutter while trying to tell me how gorgeous I look it makes me feel even more pretty," you told him reassuringly.

He gave you a weak smile but you could tell that there was more things he wasn't telling you about.

"Is this why you didn't want to go to the party? Your stutter was coming back today?"

Sometimes Diego's stutter will come back at random times out of no where. Between you and your outfit and Diego's stutter he was starting to get emotional.

"M-maybe," he answered.

You felt bad. "We don't have to go if you don't want. We can stay home."

"N-n-no. I w-w-want to go. Y-you look t-too good to just st-stay at h-home."

"You sure? I don't want to force you."

"I'm fine, d-don't worry," he told you.

"Ok but if you need anything just let me know. We can go home early if your stutter gets really bad. I want you to be happy."

He grabbed your hand and looked at you with his still slightly teary eyes. "I l-lo-love y-you."

"I love you too, now let's go to the party."