𝐁𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 | 𝐃𝐢𝐞𝐠𝐨

You were in the Academy kitchen when you heard yelling coming from the living room.

"YOU HAD NO RIGHT!"

"Diego it was seven years ago can you give it a rest!"

It was Vanya and Diego arguing again. They never really got along that well, but today they seemed to be pissed at each other.

"What's going on," you asked as you entered the living room.

"Diego's yelling at me again," Vanya complained.

"I HAVE THE RIGHT TO YELL AFTER ALL THE THINGS YOU SAID IN THAT BOOK!"

The book. Vanya's autobiography. Out of all the siblings Diego hated the book the most. It said too many things about him in it. Things he didn't want people to know about.

"Well maybe if you and the others-"

"NO," Diego interrupted. "We didn't make you say any of those things, that was your choice! You can't blame anyone but yourself!

The argument began to heat up again so you knew you had to step in.

"DIEGO STOP!"

Normally if it was any other person telling him to stop yelling, he would have yelled louder. You were the only exception.

"Y/N I-"

"Come to the kitchen for a second," you said cutting Diego's sentence short.

He didn't even try to explain himself. Instead he just followed you.

On your way into the kitchen Vanya whispered a soft "thank you," as you walked by her.

The two of you entered the kitchen.
"Listen Dee, I know you hate her book. And I know you hate her for writing it. But sometimes you have to be the bigger person."

"Did you not see the things she wrote! She exposed everyone in the whole family! She didn't even ask us if it was ok to publish it to the whole world! But she did anyway!

His voice was beginning to rise and you could tell he was going to start yelling again. You learned that in order to calm him down you needed to be calm.

"Please just calm down, I don't like when you yell."

Diego shuffled his feet on the floor. He knew he shouldn't be yelling at Vanya and he hated when he did things like that in front of you. Sometimes his anger got the best of him though.

He mumbled something under his breathe.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

He sighed before repeating what he said, "I don't like being the bigger person...."

You gave him a small grin.
"I know it sucks but please? Just for one day?"

"Ok.... I can do that."

"Thanks Dee." You said as you hugged him and gave him a quick kiss on his check.

The two of you went back into the kitchen and Diego gave
(what could possibly be considered)
an apology. For the rest of the night he didn't argue with anyone.