𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 | 𝐁𝐞𝐧

From the minute you are born you get a necklace. On the necklace there is one half of a broken heart. Your soulmate has the other part of the heart. The necklace glows yellow when your soulmate is still alive. It glows blue when you and your soulmate's necklaces fit together. It stops glowing completely when your soulmate dies.

At age fifteen your necklace stopped glowing. Your soulmate had died, even though you never meet him it made you feel empty inside. At the age of seventeen you got murdered, saving your sister's life in the process. You decided to become a ghost in order to look after her.

One day your sister met this boy. He was a junkie and had a great sense of humor. The two began talking for what felt like forever. In the middle of their  conversation you left your sister and went up to the fire escape above them to sit and watch.

Another boy in a black hoodie sat down next to you.

"Hi."

You looked behind you trying to find the person he was talking to. Seeing no one behind you, you answered.

"Hi, I'm Y/N."

He pulled off his hoodie allowing you to actually see his face. Your weren't going to lie, he was pretty cute.

"I'm Ben."

You two looked down at the ground watching your sister talk to the junkie.
The junkie said something funny to your sister causing her to laugh.

Ben let out a sigh.
"God he's such an idiot."

You let out a small laugh.
"Is he your brother?"

"Yeah."

He looked at you then then your sister noticing the resemblance.
"Is that your sister?"

"Yeah."

It got cold all of a sudden. You shivered and rubbed your arms trying to stay warm.

"Oh do you want my jacket," your new friend asked.

"No it's ok."

"No it's not take it."

Before you could object again he wrapped his sweatshirt around you. You noticed his soulmate necklace, the light was out.

"Your soulmate died to?"

He looked at you then his necklace.
"Yup, it stopped glowing when I was seventeen."

"Mine stopped glowing when I was fifteen...."

Ben stared at you for a moment.
"I died when I was fifteen."

You looked him in the eyes.
"I died when I was seventeen."

"Y/N you don't think....."

Ben took off his necklace and gave it to you. You took off yours, and put them together. They fit. Before you knew it the necklaces turned blue.

You didn't say anything for a few minutes trying to wrap your head around this.

"Wow, after all this time of being alone, I finally meet my soulmate," Ben said.

You reached out and held his hand.
"I don't want to be alone again."

He pulled you into a hug.
"You won't have to be..... soulmate."