Chapter 9: The Rogue Bludger and Dobby Returns

Harry woke up early on Saturday morning, feeling nervous. Having to beat Slytherin, who had the fastest brooms to date, was going to be difficult. He didn't want to know what Oliver would do to him if they lost, because of him. He had never wanted to beat Slytherin so badly, like he did now. After lying in bed for nearly an hour. He gets up and gets dressed. He heads down to the great hall to eat breakfast. He finds the rest of the team at the gryffindor table, huddling together. They weren't talking much. They were all looking nervous for their first game against Slytherin. After they ate breakfast, they made their way down to the Quidditch pitch, with the rest of the school. It was cloudy and muggy outside. Ron and Hermione wished him luck as the team entered the changing room. The team sat down and look up at Oliver, who remained standing. Oliver said, "Slytherin has better brooms than us. There's no point denying it, but we've got better people on our brooms. We've trained harder than they have and we've been flying in all kinds of weathers. We're going to make them rue the day they let that little slime ball, Malfoy, buy his way onto their team." Oliver looks at Harry and said, "It'll be down to you, Harry. Show them that a Seeker has to have something more than a rich father. Get to that Snitch before Malfoy does or die trying, Harry, because we've got to win today, we've got to." Fred said with a wink, "So, no pressure, Harry." Harry nods nervously at Oliver and Fred. They walk out onto the field as the crowd cheered for them but they could also hear the Slytherins booing and hissing, too. Slytherin walk out onto the field and faced Gryffindor. Madam Hooch had Oliver and Flint shake hands, then had both teams mount their brooms. They mounted their broomsticks and hover into formation, ready to begin the game. Madam Hooch released the bludgers and the golden snitch. She picks up the quaffle and said, "On my whistle. 3....2....1...." On her whistle, she threw the quaffle into the air. The game had begun.

Harry rose higher than the others, looking for the snitch. Malfoy said as he flew passed, "All right there, Scarhead?!" Harry had no time to reply with a retort, as a bludger came flying straight towards him! He duck, narrowly missing the bludger, as he felt the bludger whoosh passed his head, ruffling his hair a little. George said as he flew passed, "That was a close one, Harry!" He whacks the bludger with his bat, sending it flying towards Adrian Pucey. The bludger stopped in mid-air and turned back towards Harry. Harry puts on a spur of speed and zooms to the other end of the field. He could hear the Bludger whistling along behind him. What was going on? Bludgers never concentrated on one player like this! It was their job to try and unseat as many people as possible.... It started to rain as Harry flew from the bludger. He heard Lee Jordan said, "Slytherin lead 60 points to zero." Fred signals Oliver for a time out. Oliver understood and asked Madam Hooch for a time out. Madam Hooch blew her whistle. Harry, Fred and George dived for the ground, trying to avoid the bludger. They land and huddle together with Oliver and the rest of the team, while the Slytherins jeered at them. Oliver said, "What's going on? We're being flattened. Fred, George, where were you when that Bludger stopped Angelina from scoring?" George said, angrily, "We were twenty feet above her, stopping the other Bludger from murdering Harry, Oliver! Someone's fixed it! It won't leave Harry alone! It hasn't gone for anyone else all game! The Slytherins must have done something to it." Oliver said, anxiously, "But the bludgers have been locked in Madam Hooch's office since our last practice, and there was nothing wrong with them then...." Madam Hooch walks towards them. Harry said, as Madam Hooch came closer and closer"Listen, Fred and George, go back to the rest of the team and let me deal with the rogue one, ok. I'll be fine." Fred said, "Don't be thick, It'll take your head off." Angelina looks at Oliver and said, "This is insane! You can't let Harry deal with that thing on his own." Harry said, "If we stop now, we'll have to forfeit the match! We're not losing to Slytherin just because of a crazy Bludger! Come on, Oliver. Tell them to leave me alone!" Madam Hooch had finally joined them. She said, "Ready to resume play?" Oliver said, "All right, Fred, George, you heard Harry. Leave him alone and let him deal with the Bludger on his own." Oliver told Madam Hooch that his team was ready to continue playing. On Madam Hooch's whistle, they all flew into the air. He heard the sound of the rogue bludger chasing him once more. As the game continued, Harry did all he could to stay away from the bludger, while looking for the snitch. Malfoy yelled, "Training for the ballet , Snape?!" As Harry twirled in mid-air to avoid the bludger yet again. Harry fled, as the bludger trailed behind him. As Harry looks back at Malfoy with hatred, he saw the golden snitch! It was hovering inches above Malfoy's left ear! Malfoy was too busy laughing to see it. He sits on his broom wondering whether he should go after the snitch or not. Since he didn't want Malfoy to see it.