6.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan

"What are you doing tonight?" I looked up for a brief moment seeing Lilo taking a seat next to me

"Minding my business."

"Let's have a girl's night. I know we just met but I don't have any friends and you seem like you know how to have fun."

"No, thank you." I stood up from the table moving to another table.

"Sorry for bothering you." The look on her face made me feel bad but I ignored it and continued writing down notes.

"You guys are free to go. Don't forget about the essays due Sunday night. Have a great day." The professor dismissed us. I grabbed my things heading out the door.

As I'm walking out of the building I could hear yelling. It sounded pretty intense. Even though I wanted to be noisy, I decided to mind mines.

"Don't grab me like that!" A familiar voice yelled. Stopping to open my door I looked to my left seeing Lilo arguing with some guy. I'm assuming maybe her boyfriend. He grabbed her arm roughly trying to pull her into the car. I sighed going over in their direction.

"You're hurting her! Don't grab her like that."

"Who the fuck are you? Get away from my car"

"Luna, I'm okay." She looked scared.

"No, it's not. He shouldn't be manhandling you."

"It's okay, please." She begged me with pleading eyes as her boyfriend bug me. I threw my hands up backing away. If she doesn't want help then there was nothing I could do about it.

Getting into my car, I drove away. I decided to go to Walmart to get groceries for my apartment. My fridge has been empty for a couple of days. The trip was silent, to say the least. As I was turning down an aisle I passed a girl who looked about 10. She seemed lost.

"Are you lost?"

Her head perked up. "Yes! I'm looking for the bathroom."

"You passed the bathroom. It's right there."

"I-I can you help me? I'm blind and I don't know what right there is."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I grabbed her hand leading her the way. "Where are your parents?"

"I'm here with my brother. I told him I was a big girl and could find a bathroom myself but that didn't work out." She laughed.

"You almost had it. How old are you?"

"13 and three quarters. What about you?"

"22 and 2 quarters." I mimicked her tone stopping right in front of the restrooms. "Here's your stop. Do you need help?"