14.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan

Excuse any mistakes!Luna Hogan

"Chain, Chain, Chain. Chain of fools." Jordyn and I danced around my living room. I was watching her for the moment while Zae was at work. Apparently, his parents and brother had to work. His mom didn't seem happy with me watching her but didn't quite have a choice.

"For five long years. I thought you were my man. But I found out, love. I'm just a link in your chain."

"Take it away, Jordyn."

"You got me where you want me. I ain't nothing but your fool. You treated me mean. Oh, you treated me cruel." She belted out so perfectly.

I screamed excitedly throwing my head back. This girl had a voice on her. She smiled and continued to sing. I watched in complete awe.

"SING IN JORDYN!" My head snapped in the direction of the door seeing Lilo

"SING IN JORDYN!" My head snapped in the direction of the door seeing Lilo. She had her phone out recorded the whole thing. I laughed turning down the music.

"Why didn't you tell us you could sing like that?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "You didn't tell me."

"Okay, you have a point but Zae told you. You sounded like a completely different person. Almost like a grown woman."

"You could blow with that voice." Lilo said making me agree.

"I don't think so." She sat on the couch sadly.

"Why not?"

"Nobody wants to work with a blind girl."

"Don't say that. Anybody would be happy to work with someone like you. Just because you have a disability doesn't make you anything less than a person. It makes you stronger than the rest and different."

"I am strong." She smiled.

"You are and don't let anyone tell you differently."

"We all are." Lilo said pulling us both into a hug. She was always trying to make me soft.