16.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan

Excuse any mistakes!Luna Hogan

"I miss you every day. The whole trip you've planned is amazing. I know once we get there, it'll be beautiful. You always had crazy tricks up your sleeve old man. Even though you're not here with me, sometimes you make my bad days, good ones. I realized what uncle Gabe meant when he told me to just let him handle it. I never looked at it as if you are watching my every move. I know I disappointed you tremendously but I'm going to make it better." I shook my head smiling lightly.

The cold wind blew harder making me grip the blanket tighter. It was 3 am in the morning and I decided to visit my dad before I head off to the airport. I haven't had one second of sleep since reading that letter.

"I love you so much. Always and forever." I stood up wiping off my clothes. I leaned down kissing his headstone. Taking a deep breath I began walking home. I needed to hurry home, so I could finish packing.

I unlocked the front door closing it behind me. I stopped hearing the sound of snoring from both ends of the hallway. This let me know that nobody was up and ready to go. I walked into Lilo's room seeing her laid across the bed with her stomach out and mouth wide open. She seemed to be having the best sleep of her life but she needed to get up.

"Baby mama." I whispered in her ear. Everybody was calling me or her that, so it stuck with me. She told me she hasn't heard from little Julian since he beat her. I had one of my boys do a follow up on him and supposedly he's been in a coma for the past couple of months. I guess the kick to the head did some damage. They said he'll be good once he wakes up.

"Leave me alone."

"Your ass will get left if you don't be ready within the next hour." I smacked her butt running out the room.

"I'm going to kill you." She yelped. I headed into my room, now it was time to wake the beast.

"Zae." I tapped his shoulder, he didn't move at all. I tapped him this time a little rough, he still didn't move. I've learned that he could sleep through anything and wouldn't have any movement. It was kinda scary. "Zae, you need to get up."

I grabbed the bottle of water I had earlier pouring some in his face. He jumped up looking around making me laugh.

"What the fuck?" He took off his shirt wiping his face.

"You wouldn't get up. I had to take a different approach."

"Had me thinking a nigga was drowning."

I laughed. "So extra. Now, chop-chop. Go brush your teeth and put some clothes on so we can go."

"When did you become so bossy?"

"Since now." I was anxious to leave already. It would be my first time out of the country. I could only imagine how beautiful Saint Lucia would be in person.