Chapter 3: Someone New

(S/R: "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" by Set It Off)

Today. Today Jungkook starts highschool. Today he is Hyun Joong-Ki, a kind, loveable, adoring, sweet boy.

No more Jungkook. No more killing, swearing, inappropriate behaviour, and especially, no Jeon Jungkook.

He looks at himself in the bathroom mirror.
I look fucking stupid. I'm not supposed to look cute and fluffy!
He thinks, trying to make his hair, at least, look somewhat bad-boy.

He huffs, aggravated at the sight of a loveable bunny staring back at him from the mirror.
Fuck! But, Joong-Ki is meant to look like a sweet bunny. Stop it Jungkook!

He gives up on styling his hair and ruffles it, heading into the kitchen. He makes jam toast for breakfast and eats it while watching TV.

Flicking through the channels, he settles for a K-drama. (I'm gonna make up a K-drama bc I haven't watched any).

"Sooyoung! I loved you first." One guys says, pinning the girl against the wall. Suddenly, a random guy comes out of nowhere and pushes the other guy away from the girl.
"No, Sooyoung! I loved you first!"

Jungkook looks at the TV in confusion. What the fuck... This is stupid. He thinks, eating the rest of his breakfast. At least the stupid TV show got him to forget about stressing.

*TAEHYUNG FOCUS*

"Appa! Do you know where I put my new shoes?" Taehyung calls to his father from downstairs.
"They're in your room, Taehyung!" His Appa yells from upstairs.

Taehyung rolls his eyes as if he's stupid for not looking in his own bedroom in the first place. He heads up the stairs to look for his shoes.

There they are! He thinks, picking up his brand-new sneakers. They have pastel pink shoelaces, the main part of the shoe is pastel blue and the base is a pearly white.

They match Taehyung's school clothes, which are; a navy-blue blazer, white t-shirt, black tie and navy-blue pants. Although, not many students at his school actually wear the blazer.

The girls at his school have the same clothing, except the pants. The girls all wear skirts that go down almost to their knees. Most of them like showing off their underwear, so they pull them up like a high-waisted skirt.

After admiring his unused shoes, Taehyung goes to his Appa's office.
"Appa, can I walk today?" Taehyung asks.
"Of course, Tae." His dad says, looking up from his papers.

Taehyung walks over to him, giving him a quick hug.
"See you after school." He says enthusiastically.
"See you. By the way, I like your shoes."
With that, Taehyung smiles to his father and heads downstairs.

Grabbing his schoolbag, Taehyung walks out the front door of his modern house and makes his way towards his school.

He tilts his head, looking ahead at a familiar uniform, but an unfamiliar figure about 15 metres in front of him. Being the curious boy he is, Taehyung walks up to the stranger.

"Hey." He says casually. The stranger jumps, not knowing Taehyung was there.
"Uh, hi."

*JUNGKOOK FOCUS*

He heads out of the house, locking the door behind him. He's not gonna lie, he's a little stressed. But he knows he's got to keep calm. He might blow his cover otherwise.

Before he turns out of his street, he thinks twice and turns around, knowing the pub he visited is down that street. The lady from a few days ago is probably going to recognise him.

So, he walks, following a different route.

"Hey." He jumps, hearing a deep voice come from nowhere. He turns his head, looking at the boy that just greeted him.

Jungkook is taken aback by the boy's pastel shoes and oddly coloured hair.
"Uh, hi." He says, unsure of what else to say. The boy smiles brightly and Jungkook, remembering what Jimin had told him, smiles back.

"Are you a new student going to Seoul High?" The other boy asks curiously.
"Uh, yeah. I'm Jungk- uh, Joong-Ki." Jungkook mentally slaps himself. The first thing he says to another student and he almost exposes his identity.

"I'm Taehyung! Wanna be friends? I can show you around and stuff." The other boy offers. Jungkook would say, Hell no, fuck off, but Joong-Ki would say,
"Sure, why not?"

And so, the two walked to school. But, Jungkook couldn't stop staring at Taehyung. He's just so... Handsome. His cute little nose, those gorgeous brown eyes, his soft-looking, multicoloured hair, his perfectly shaped eyebrows and those plump lips.

Just looking at Taehyung's face makes Jungkook forget all his worries and stress. And, for once in a long time, Jungkook doesn't have the urge to kill someone.

Jungkook quietly sighs at the dreamy sight of Taehyung.

Taehyung, on the other hand, keeps glancing at the boy staring at him.
Why is he staring at me? Oh no! Do I have breakfast crumbs on my face?

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Taehyung finally asks, turning to face Jungkook fully. Quick as a whip, Jungkook averts his eyes.
Damn it! Jimin said no staring!

"I umm... I-I like your hair." Jungkook stammers.
Fuck you, Jungkook!
"Oh, thanks. I got it done during the holidays." Taehyung smiles.

Jungkook looks ahead, still internally cussing at himself.
"So, why'd you decide to come to my school?" Taehyung asks, making conversation.

Jungkook raises his eyebrows, trying to remember what Namjoon said about Joong-Ki.
"I transferred because my parents got a divorce. I live alone now."
"Oh..." Taehyung says, seeing he might've asked something and brought up a sensitive topic.

The rest of the way to school, he two boys are silent. Once they walk through the school gates, a boy with brown hair to rushes Taehyung.
"Hey, Tae! Who's this?"
"Hey, Yoongi. This is Joong-Ki."

_A_U_T_H_O_R_'S_N_O_T_E_
Yay! Another chapter finished! I hope you liked. Comment and vote, please! But don't explode my notifications... Any hoozle, see ya Apple Juiceans!

AN pt.2 (from the future):
Hey this is the future author, almost 2 years after I wrote this and I hate to remind people, but I was really young when I wrote this. I was stupid (no sympathy needed, this is true) and naive. If you don't like the things I wrote, or how I wrote some things (many plot holes, many themes and such I hadn't exposed myself much to, many many things) then please stop leaving negative comments. I don't even like this book that much, but people who come on here and criticise this when I spent ages on it really doesn't do anything but discourage me. Without having written this, I couldn't have been able to write a lot of other things. Don't like the book? Stop reading. Thanks for coming to my TED talk, which would be unnecessary if not for the fact there are hateful people out there.