Chapter 20: I Didn't Protect Him

(S/R: "They're Coming to Take Me Away" by Napoleon XIV. It's an odd song and the lyrics don't match up that much... But it's the best one for this chapter (my opinion).)

Jungkook stirs, waking up to the sun shining brightly through the curtains. He stretches, noting an emptiness beside him. Taehyung's probably helping with breakf- what is that delicious smell?

His curiosity, and hunger, get the better of him and he forces himself to get up. As he makes his way to the kitchen, he can hear bickering.

"Look, the sooner you finish cooking, the sooner we can start training." Namjoon speaks.
"Food takes its time, Joonie. Don't rush it." Jin snaps back as Jungkook enters.

He notices the lack of Taehyung's presence in the kitchen. Everyone is helping out - even Yoongi, who's usually asleep - but no Taehyung.

Hoseok turns to Jungkook, an eyebrow raised.
"Is Taehyung still asleep?" He asks, glancing toward the frying pan he's cooking a pancake on.

Jungkook tilts his head, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.
"He wasn't in the bedroom. I thought he'd be out here?" He says as more of a question than a statement.

Then it dawns on him.
"Fuck!" Jungkook exclaims, gaining everyone's attention.
"No, no, no, no, no, no!" He mutters, rushing to his room to check if his theory is right.

The other five share a worried expression as Jimin follows the younger to his room.

When Jimin gets there, he sees Jungkook has changed into some day clothes and has a gun in his hand.
"Jungkook, what are you doing?"

"They took him. He's gone and I didn't protect him. They took him, they took him, they took him, I didn't save him, I could have, but I didnt..." Jungkook mutters to himself as the others enter.

"Fuck, he's stressing!" Jimin says, panicked. Namjoon realises too, pushing everyone outside the room.
"Everyone out." Namjoon instructs.

Once everyone is out of the room, Namjoon locks the bedroom door. They all settle in the loungeroom.

"What's happening?" Yoongi is the first to speak. Namjoon and Jimin look at one another, seemingly using telepathy to have their own conversation.

"Well, Jungkook can't handle stress. It's not safe to be around him when he's stressing because well... That's kinda how he became a serial killer." Jimin explains.

"So, how long will he have to stay in the room?" Jin asks, turning to Namjoon. The latter looks deep in thought and when he speaks up it startles everyone a little bit.
"Well, at the moment Jungkook wants to kill and he wants Taehyung back..." Namjoon states, not answering Jin's question.

"So...?" Hoseok asks, gesturing for him to continue. Namjoon grins, showing his teeth, raising his eyebrows.
"So, Jungkook is a weapon."

*TAEHYUNG FOCUS*

Taehyung awakens in an unfamiliar room, tied to a chair with a gag tied securely around his mouth. (Cliché)

Where the heck am I? Is his only thought as he looks around the seemingly empty room. His breath catches in his throat when a cold finger touches his neck.
"Hello, Taehyung. Nice to finally meet you." A voice says from behind him.

His heartbeat accelerates as a person comes into view. The man, who Taehyung assumed was also the voice that kindly greeted him, kneels down in front of him.

"Well, you're a lot prettier than I expected, aren't you?" He says, chills running down Taehyung's spine with every syllable that comes out of his mouth. Taehyung avoids looking at the other male.

The latter grabs Taehyung's chin with his cold fingers, forcing him to look into the latter's eyes.

"Mhm... Very pretty. Too bad we have to hurt you. Your parents are very persistent in not paying back what they owe me, you know that?" He speaks.

Taehyung can see the menacing look in his eyes. He shuffles around on the seat, attempting to brush off the other's hand. The male only holds his chin tighter.

"Look at me." He demands, Taehyung obeying.
"Good. Now, do you know where your parents are?" The man says in a tell-me-now-or-I'll-kill-you tone. Taehyung hesitantly shakes his head, not being able to talk because of the gag.

Fuck, fuck, fuck! What am I going to do? How will I get out? Jungkook will save me, won't he? In this point of time, all Taehyung wanted was to see Jungkook's face.

He wanted Jungkook to hug him and hold him close. He wanted Jungkook to kiss him and reassure him that he's safe and everything will be okay.

But no one can always get what they want. The world doesn't work that way, and Taehyung knows it. Taehyung knows this man in front of him will hurt him, probably both mentally and physically.

But Jungkook will be there to help him. Jungkook will be there to save and protect him. He knows Jungkook loves him as much as he loves Jungkook.

And he knows Jungkook won't allow this man to stand in the way of someone he loves.

_A_U_T_H_O_R_'S_N_O_T_E_
It feels like I haven't updated in ages. I hope you all liked this chapter, so please vote, comment, whatever else. This is going to go a little longer than I thought, but meh. Also, if you don't like the songs, please suggest some. See you later Apple Juiceans!