Chapter 23: Together Again

(S/R: "Never Apart" by Benny)

Taehyung was frozen, the only part of his body that moved was his hand as he let go of his gun.
"Good boy. Now you four, drop your guns or I'll shoot your little baby boy." Taehyung felt cold metal press against his temple and heard a sharp click.

He gulped, looking at the others with pleading eyes. None of them move.
"I said put your guns down!" Still, no movement.
"Taemin, let him go. I know you won't shoot him, you need him for the money." Namjoon says, his voice calm as he speaks to whoever is holding Taehyung.

"Shut it, Kim! You're right, I do need the money, but you're worthless to me- ow!" Taehyung steps on Taemin's foot really hard. He turns around, simultaneously snatching Taemin's gun from his hand.

Taehyung knees the other in the stomach, then in his nose. He gives him a right good punch across the face before Taemin falls to the ground.

The other four are momentarily stunned before Taehyung suggests they probably leave. The five of them run outside, rushing to the car Namjoon had borrowed from Soobin and his friends.

It was a seven-seater and Jimin was in the back with Jungkook knocked out and laying on his lap. Jin and Namjoon jumped in the front while Hoseok, Yoongi and Taehyung hopped into the middle three seats.

They sped off quickly, not even having a chance to buckle up. It's silent in the car as everyone tried to wrap their heads around what just happened.

"Tae, you were a fucking badass!" Hoseok says finally. Taehyung smiles shyly, blushing ever so slightly.
"Thanks." He mutters. Then he remembers the one and only person he was thinking about the whole while he was a hostage.

"Jungkook..." He says, kneeling on the seat and turning around to see the unconscious boy laying down in the back.
"Has he been okay?" Taehyung asks Jimin, staring lovingly at Jungkook.

"He's been fine - a little too eager to find you - but yeah." Jimin answers, ruffling Jungkook's hair a little. Taehyung gasps quickly.
"Don't do that! You might wake him up!" He whisper-yells, giving Jimin his little tiger glare.
"Jeez, sorry." He replies sheepishly.

_-45 MINUTES LATER-_

Jungkook finally stirs, laying down, slightly confused. He realises he's in the back of a car and abruptly sits up, frightening Jimin.

Without even thinking to look around the car, Jungkook grabs Jimin by the throat.
"Where is he? I was so close to finding him! Why did you do that?" He says angrily.
"Kookie!" Taehyung's voice soothes Jungkook and he lets go of the Jimin's neck.

"Tiger~" He says, looking to see Taehyung kneeling on the seat in front of him. He too kneels on his seat, reaching for Taehyung's hand and immediately grabbing it. Jungkook leans inclose to Taehyung's face, giving him a loving kiss before leaning towards Taehyung's ear.

"What did we say you call me?" He whispers, his voice suddenly dropping an octave or two.
"S-segsihan geos." Taehyung whispers back, shivering at the feeling of Jungkook's breath hitting his neck.

"Good boy." He ruffles Taehyung's hair gently. Then he showers the other with kisses. On his lips, nose, cheeks, forehead, making Taehyung giggle like a stereotypical schoolgirl.

"I missed you so much, Tiger~" Jungkook says in between his shower of kisses.
"I missed you too, segsihan geos." Taehyung keeps giggling, intertwining his fingers with the other's.

Jungkook finishes his rain of kisses with one final kiss on Taehyung's nose. Taehyung blushes but doesn't stop smiling as he copies Jungkook, pecking the younger on his nose.

"Jungkookie~" Taehyung says, even though he knows Jungkook prefers 'segsihan geos'.
"Tae baby, did I say you could call me that?" Jungkook says playfully.
"Jungkookie~" he repeats, being cheeky.

"Tae baby~" Jungkook replies, mimicking Taehyung's tone.
"I have a secret to tell you..." Taehyung says, whispering in a playful manner.
"What's the secret?" Jungkook plays along with the older's childishness.

Taehyung leans in to Jungkook's ear, smiling brightly.
"I love you~" he whispers. Jungkook then leans in to Taehyung's ear.
"That's crazy, because I love you too~"

_A_U_T_H_O_R_'S_N_O_T_E_
I don't really have anything to comment about for this chapter, other than Taekook is adorable. Also! I wanted to inform you Apple Juiceans that, when this book reaches 5.5k reads OR when I get 250 followers, I'll be doing a face reveal in my admin book! If you do decide to have a look, don't be surprised when you see how young I am-
Anyway! Vote, comment, share, whatever else. See you later Apple Juiceans!