Chapter 8: A Thing

(S/R: "Gingerbread Man" by Melanie Martinez)

"You guys are going away?" Taehyung asks, even though his parents explained it to him three times over.
"Yes Tae. We'll be gone for about a month, maybe more." His mother says.

"We're leaving tonight, okay? You still aren't allowed to invite anyone over and if you're in danger, remember there's a gun in the shoebox in our cupboard." His father explains, standing up and giving Taehyung a hug, his mother joining in.

Before Taehyung could register what had happened, his parents were out the door with their pre-packed suitcases. They didn't even tell me where they're going.

Taehyung decides it might be better if he goes to sleep, rather than let his negative thoughts be louder than the positive ones.

_-THE NEXT DAY-_

Taehyung awoke and got ready for school, alone. The way his parents left, no forward warning, the only good part is they said goodbye to Taehyung face-to-face.

Once he's ready for school, he grabs his bag and walks out of the house, locking the door behind him. He walks with Jungkook again, being almost silent due to his still shocked state.

Jungkook notices.
"Are you okay? You seem quieter than usual." The two stop walking for a moment. When Taehyung looks down and doesn't say anything, Jungkook lifts the older's chin up.

"Tae, what's wrong?" They stare into one another's eyes, Taehyung completely forgetting about the question Jungkook just asked.

After a moment of silence, Jungkook decides to try and ask again.
"Tae-" he is cut off when a pair of lips meet his own. It only takes Jungkook a moment before he starts kissing Taehyung back, wrapping his arms around the older's waist.

Taehyung didn't know what came over him, but he just wanted to kiss Jungkook so badly... And he did.

He takes his arms, wrapping them around Jungkook's neck to deepen the kiss. When Taehyung opens his mouth a little, Jungkook lets his tongue explore the other's mouth.

Jungkook was grateful Taehyung made the first move, he had wanted to kiss him since the day they met, but just didn't know how.

Taehyung was so caught up on everything and now, it seems like Jungkook has chased away all his worries.

They stand there, in the middle of the path, kissing. The two reluctantly pull away when they need air. They rest there foreheads on each other, breathing in each other's air heavily.

"You- you're umm... You're a kisser." Taehyung says awkwardly. Jungkook chuckles.
"Well, you taste nice." Jungkook states, a smile forming on his face as he licks his lips.

They stand in each other's embrace a little longer.
"Should we get to school?" Taehyung asks.
"Probably." Jungkook answers and they release each other. The two walk to school, slightly shocked at what had just happened.

When they walk through the gates, they are immediately greeted by Yoongi, Hoseok and Lisa, along with three of Lisa's friends, Rosé, Jisoo and Jennie.

"Hey." Yoongi says, unusually smiley.
"Hello." Hoseok greets, looking like he's about to explode from joy. The girls also look too smiley.
"Why's everyone so happy?" Taehyung questions, saying exactly what Jungkook is thinking.

Jisoo enthusiastically pulls out her phone, tapping on the screen a couple times before showing Jungkook and Taehyung a picture of them kissing.
"Holy fuck." Jungkook says, clapping a hand over his mouth for acting out of character.

"Holy fuck is right, you two are the number one gossip trend." Yoongi says, proud of his best friends for getting to the next level in their relationship.

Jungkook doesn't care if people talk about him kissing Taehyung, he cares about how far this picture will spread. If the authorities see it, a picture of him, he's absolutely fucked.

"Wh-who took that picture?" He asks, seemingly innocently, but on the verge of killing the culprit on the spot.
"I don't know, it's been shared too many times." Jisoo answers, putting her phone back into her pocket, still smiling like crazy.

Whoever the fuck decided to take a picture like this and post it just for some attention is going to die slowly. And I'll be the cause of it.

Jungkook shakes away his murdering thoughts, getting distracted, once again, by Taehyung's beauty.

Fuck, I just kissed the world's most handsome man. Fucking kill me you jealous bitches, I got myself a manz. Jungkook smiles to himself.

Taehyung blushes slightly, hiding his face in his hands and looking down. I can't believe I kissed him... Actually KISSED him!

Jungkook smiles at Taehyung's cute behaviour.
"So, are you two a thing now?" Rosé asks, smiling teasingly. Taehyung lifts his head up, looking at Jungkook as if asking if they really were a thing.

Without hesitation, Jungkook nods.
"I-I guess we are." He says, making Taehyung smile hugely.
"S-so you- you're my boyfriend?"
"You betcha." The two hold hands, intertwining their fingers. Their friends just stand there and coo at how adorable they look together.

_A_U_T_H_O_R_'S_N_O_T_E_
Omg!!! They kissed. They're boyfriends. Overly-possessive Jungkook, here we come! Thanks for reading Apple Juiceans!!