Chapter 6: Control Yourself

(S/R: "Breathe In, Breathe Out" by (yet again) Set It Off)

"You're a fucking idiot." Namjoon tells Jungkook, a hand rubbing his forehead. Jimin looks at Jungkook worriedly.
"What if someone saw you? What if the Taehyung kid saw you?" He says, as angry as Namjoon.

Jungkook's doesn't stop smiling though, he's too happy for his own good.
"But I saved Taehyung." He says, sighing dreamily and thinking about the boy with the perfect face and personality.

"Well, the good thing is you aren't stressing. The bad thing is you might get caught." Jimin says, trying to get it into Jungkook's head he did something really unlawful.

"Oh, but I won't. I made sure there was no way of tracing the murders back to me." The youngest explains, smiling widely.

Namjoon and Jimin look at each other, both highly concerned for the boy sitting across from them. Namjoon snatches his keys off the table, tapping Jimin's shoulder.

"We're leaving before the cops show up." He says blankly. Jimin follows the taller out of the house, leaving Jungkook alone, again.

Jungkook sighs, flopping back on his bed. How is Taehyung so perfect? He thinks, closing his eyes and picturing the boy he's thinking about.

He lays there, daydreaming about Taehyung. His gorgeous face, his sweet personality, his hypnotizing eyes, his enchanting smile...

Suddenly, an idea pops into Jungkook's head. A great idea. One that makes Jungkook smile brighter than the sun itself. I'll have to wait a while though. Make a proper plan, and then... make Taehyung mine.

*BOTH FOCUS*
_-THE NEXT DAY-_

Taehyung walks to school, side-by-side with Jungkook. Once again, Jungkook is staring at Taehyung. Taehyung is still confused as to why Jungkook always stares at him, but figures the other has a reasonable answer.

The two boys enter the school when, out of the blue, Jungkook gets a phone call. Pulling out his fourth burner phone, Jungkook answers Namjoon's call.

Taehyung stands there, waiting for Jungkook. But, when Taehyung sees that Jungkook has a burner phone, he finds it very odd because everyone else in the school has fancy, expensive phones.

"Yeah?" Jungkook asks Namjoon.
"The news report said they found evidence." Namjoon speaks, worried for Jungkook.

Taehyung watches as Jungkook's eyes widen. I wonder what's wrong.
Jungkook lowers his voice a little, turning his back to Taehyung so he won't hear the conversation.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook questions, adrenaline racing through his veins.
"I mean, you might be in deep shit. If they catch you and find out you're an American murderer, the whole of fucking Korea's going to be on your back."

Jungkook takes a deep breath, trying his best not to stress, which is hard when your sketchy friend is freaking out and telling you you're dead meat.

"Don't make me stress, you know what happens. And next time I go on a spree, I'll probably leave behind evidence, on purpose!" Jungkook whisper-yells, hanging up.

He turns back to face Taehyung, who seems worried.
"Family problems." Jungkook says quickly, trying to cover up his suspicious actions. Taehyung nods.

The two boys walk to class, Jungkook internally freaking out and Taehyung trying to figure out what could possibly make Jungkook act strangely.

The two friends sit next to each other, Taehyung scrolling through Instagram and Jungkook staring at him. Taehyung knows the other is staring at him, but he does it every day.

And everytime Jungkook stares at him, Taehyung gets an uneasy feeling. An unexplainable, unsettling feeling.

Even if Jungkook stares at the other all day, his stress won't stop building. He's going to have to fully control his killing urge this time round, otherwise he will get caught.

And if he does get caught and Taehyung finds out he's a murderer, Jungkook will never get the chance to make Taehyung his. Ever.

Jungkook didn't have any fears, but now he's found his biggest one. He's afraid of losing Taehyung. The other, the one with the strangely coloured hair and perfect everything, Jungkook never wants to lose him.

The bell goes and the rest of the students file in, Taehyung putting his phone away and greeting some of his other friends. Jungkook glares at his other friends, wanting them so badly to leave his boy alone.

If you couldn't already tell, Jungkook was jealous. Stress and jealousy aren't two good things that mix well together when it comes to Jungkook. I want to kill them all. Every single one of them!

Jungkook shakes away his urge to kill, trying his best to focus on the class.

"Hey, Jungkook." He hears a deep voice whisper. Jungkook looks at Taehyung.
"Yeah?"
"Wanna catch up over the weekend and study or something?" Taehyung suggests.

Jungkook's eyes shine in excitement.
"Sure! Am I coming to your house?"
"Well, my parents are kind of... Strict. They won't let you come over so, can we maybe meet up at your house?" Taehyung looks at the younger with his beautiful brown eyes.

Jungkook wants to say yes, but Taehyung can't know where he lives. No one can. But, he wants to spend time with Taehyung. Fuck! The stress.

"Okay." Jungkook instantly regrets saying yes, but at the same time, doesn't. They go back to focusing on learning, well, almost. Jungkook is tearing himself apart with the pressure.

The pressure of being caught for two murders and having to move countries and never seeing Taehyung again, and the pressure of Taehyung finding out the truth, and the pressure of wanting to make Taehyung his, and also the pressure of wanting to kill half the people in this room.

He's fucked.