Chapter 17

• • •

• • •

"If I throw away my fear and pride to set things right 

Then I'll find mine on the right of your side"

• • •

I woke up to Bucky shaking me awake for my first day at the Shield Academy. I decided to get an early night last night so I would be well rested but my plan was interrupted by yet another nightmare. Although Bucky stayed the night with me after I accidentally woke him up, I was exhausted. I couldn't get back to sleep, and I think Bucky has realized. My mind was just spinning with memories from hydra and nerves for today.

I'm not overly scared about joining the academy, it's more to do with leaving Bucky. Bucky and I have been joined at the hip ever since I came to live here. I don't want to think about what might happen if I'm not there to protect him.

"Morning kiddo. Did you end up getting any sleep?" He scratched my head as a loud yawn answered his question for me.

"Well you got a big day ahead of you, then once you get back we can snuggle up on the sofa and have a nap?" He suggested as I eagerly noded still wrapped up tightly in the duvet not wanting to get out.

"But it's time to get up for some breakfast," he chuckled as he pulled the duvet away and onto the floor, causing me to whine.

"Aww, you sound like a pup now" Bucky teased as he walked off to the kitchen to start making breakfast. But not before shouting: "you better be in the kitchen in ten minutes or I'll eat your waffles!"

I take his jokes very serious when it comes to food so I jumped out of bed and straight into the shower. As soon as I was done I changed into my academy uniform. 

I timed it perfectly as I walked out of the lift to be met by an amazing smell of waffles.

"Aw, Bucky look at you're young man in his uniform. It reminds me of when you returned from enlisting." Steve chuckled at his memory, causing Bucky to turn around and stare at me with a proud fatherly look.

"Does it look okay?" I questioned the two soldiers.

"You, look great lup," Bucky grinned at me as he handed me my waffles.

"Just don't go getting your breakfast on your uniform" He chuckled, warning me just like a real parent would do.

"We were wondering if you'd be okay if I joined Buck when dropping you off this morning?" Steve asked as I was eating causing me to just nod my head due to my mouth being full. I'm not sure what's going on between Steve and my dad but it's cute. Whether they are just friends or more, they're happy.

• • •

Bucky pulled into the layby in front of the academy, as I sat in the back and Steve in the front. For the whole ten-minute drive  Bucky and Steve were giving me a pep talk which made me smile at how their own nerves were shining through. Bucky made it very clear that this would be the only time he would drive me unless it was torrential rain because he wanted me to become more independent, which I was grateful for. 

"I'll pick you up at four. Don't go walking off with any strangers," Bucky rambled on about modern safety sounding like a mother, causing me to internally chuckle.

"Bye Steve. Bye, dad." I said as I hopped out of the car. I didn't attempt to correct myself trying to show Bucky I was grateful, even if he did overly worry. I looked back as I made my way towards the entrance to see Bucky smiling out the window like an idiot, over the moon that I do see him as my dad.

• • •

I walked into the entrance of the Shield academy, casting my eyes down at the floor due to the butterflies in my stomach. 

"Cadet Barnes?" an unknown voice called out. It took me a second to realize he was referring to me. I met eye contact with a pair of kind brown eyes belonging to a boy, who is substantially taller than me, with brown hair.

"I'm Cadet Zechariah Miller, but you can call me Zack." He stated with a smirk once he saw I was lightly blushing from his eye contact. Not my fault he's attractive.

"Wolfie" I whispered, slightly embarrassed. But I still stretch my arm to him, remembering the manners Bucky has taught me. 

"Good to meet you, Wolfie. Agent Hills has requested for me to be your buddy for the first week. We basically stick together until you find your feet. We have combat training first thing so we better go change. Do you have your change of uniform?" He questions me so I just simply nod.

"Okay, that's great. Oh, this is your timetable,"  he said as he handed me a piece of paper with my rank and name printed neatly at the top.

 Oh, this is your timetable,"  he said as he handed me a piece of paper with my rank and name printed neatly at the top

"Thank you," I said as I folded it up and put in the pocket of my uniform.

"Righ let's get going. Hills isn't a fan of tardiness," he chuckled as he led the ways to the locker rooms.

A/N

I decided to split this into two parts otherwise it would take so long to write and to proofread XD

Also, I'm not gonna lie I was so proud of that timetable I made... secretly I was procrastinating my school work but oh well! Hopefully, it will mean my chapters when Wolfie is at the academy are a little more in detail rather than: wolfie went to the academy. Wolfie came home. the end XD

But yeah, this is the first introduction to Zack... and Wolfies already blushing XD

Don't forget to vote x 

Lots of love <3