4: Hardik's bedtime stories

"Now, I will tell you a story." Yelled Hardik cheerfully after everyone settled down.

All of them were sitting making a circle around the Bonfire.

"No, we don't want to hear your bedtime story Hardik." Protested Jas.

"Don't be a spoilt sport, Jassi," said Jaddu backing up for Harry.

Hardik smirked at him. He had planned it all when Jad said they would go to the haunted fort; he deliberately made Kuliya sit alone on the tree bark. Virat was with Shikhar, Ro with Jinks, Yuzi with Jass, Harry with Rahul, and Jaddu with Bhuvi.

While the first four were whispering to each other, not caring about what others were doing, Bhuvi's eyes were on them the whole time. He knew them too well to understand that something was going on.

"Just start it, Harry." Said Rahul to stop Hardik from his continued wailing.

Hardik's eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. He looked at his usual target, who was already not comfortable sitting alone.

"Okay, so once upon a time there was a boy name Kuldeep-"

"Why does the boy have my name?" Shouted Kuliya in horror.

"In this world of 2 million people-." Replied Hardik, but Rahul elbowed him on his stomach, hard.

"Ow! What?" Hardik hissed in pain.

"It's 7.7 billion, dude," Rahul said, rolling his eyes at his idiot friend while everyone laughed.

"Oh, okay." He cleared his throat and continued. "In the world of 7.7 billion people, many have the same stupid name, so just shut up and listen to my story Kuldeep."

"But-" Kuliya tried to protest again, but Yuzi interrupted him.

"Don't worry, Kul, he won't do anything. And we all are here with you. If he does something, we will leave him alone in the fort." Said Yuzi, calming him a little bit.

He nodded and smiled sheepishly, imagining that situation.

"Anyways, so where I was yeah once upon a time, there was a boy named Kuldeep-" Again, he was interrupted.

"Guys, I will be back soon," Virat said, standing up.

"Where are you going, Virat?" Asked Bhuvi, furrowing his brows.

Virat froze on his track. He looked at his partners to cover up for him as he can't lie to Bhuvi.

"To the bathroom." Replied Rohit, Jinks, and Shikhar together, and Virat sighed in relief.

"Okay," Bhuvi said while looking at his shoes because it hurts him to see his best friends doing something without involving him.

Virat came back within 2-minute fuming in anger, while Hardik was annoyed as again he was interrupted. And everyone stood up from their seats, looking at Virat.

"ROHIT!!" Shouted Virat.

"What did I do now?" Asked Rohit scratching the back of his head.

"They will never let me complete my story." Mumbled Hardik.

"How can you forget to put the p-"

"Virat, stop," Jinks shouted, making everyone shocked. He never yells, but this time it was necessary as Virat, in anger, was going to slip up a particular thing about their plan.

Virat realised his mistake with wide eyes and took his seat, grumbling angrily, whereas Harry resumed his so-called scary story.

"We have to do something to get it," Shikh whispered to them.