8: Yuzi

~Virat~

I ran inside the fort and started looking for chocolates. I know it feels stupid, but that's what Arav told me to look. I'm not sure about it, but that's the only lead I have. After some searching, I got one on the start of stairs which leads to the terrace; so I started running again. I stopped my legs only when I reached the terrace.

'Who could be here?' I thought and started looking around for any of my teammates. Just then, I saw Yuzi standing at the edge of it. I called his name several times, but he didn't even glance at me. Is he hypnotized or what? I thought.

Then I saw where his full concentration was. I tried to go near him but failed as if there was an invisible wall separating us. I guess I know what should have been going on in his mind.

Yuzi has Acrophobia. I remember once the whole team had gone Skydiving at that time, he did everything in his ability to cancel the plan as he was ashamed to tell us about his phobia of height. Finally, when he almost passed out on the plane, we nag him, so he told us at last.

Since we were confused as he traveled in airplanes to go around the world for matches, he told us that this is why he never sat on window seats, and at the start of his career, it was challenging for him, so he always did something to divert his mind. But now that the plane journey had become so much fun with the team, it's bearable for him.

Now that I look at him standing there looking completely pale and scared. I feel a pang of guilt in my heart; after all, it's all my fault. I risked my family's life for some stupid plan of mine. I wish I could turn back the time so I could cancel this dumb plan. But now, I can't just stand here and blame myself. I have to do something for them.

Arav had told me that the things they might have been seeing or feeling are not real. They are in their own mind's game. So this means if I want them to come out of it, they have to do it themselves. They have to deal with their fears and overcome them by going through them, not running from them. That's it. I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"Yuzi!" I whispered with all the love and adoration I had for him. And finally, he looked at me.

~Yuzi~

Even after learning that this place was haunted, we were not scared. I'm mean a little bit, but if we all stick together, I don't think the ghost has any chance against us.

After all, we have more scary and weird individuals with us like Harry and Jaddu bhaiya. I chuckled, thinking how he was ready to stay here with the real ghosts.

All of us stood behind our captain except Rohit and Jinks Bhaiya, who were beside him. We all had a smile on our faces despite being in this situation. I'll definitely make a Chahal. Tv episode on it after getting out of this fort.

"HAHA, YOUR TEAM IS YOUR STRENGTH. I LIKE IT. NOW LOOK BEHIND, VIRAT!"

I frowned hearing it and noticed Virat bhaiya turning back, but after blinking when I opened my eyes, I wasn't there. No one was with me.

I looked around and saw that I was on the terrace. Huh, how's that possible? I turned around and saw a door at the end. I went towards it but halted on my track by Kul's painful wince. 'He is here too?' I thought.

"Help." He spoke again. I started walking towards the voice and reached the edge of the terrace. My mouth started becoming dry as I took my next step.

When I looked down from it, I saw that my whole team was on the ground, tied up with ropes.

"Help Cha." Kul pleaded to me, and I unintentionally took a step back from the edge.

I looked at the door from earlier, thinking I could go downstairs to help them, but it was not there now. Oh, God! What should I do now? I again went towards the edge and saw them struggling to open the ropes, and some of them were even unconscious and bleeding.

"Yuzi, help us." Yelled Rohit Bhaiya; blood was oozing out from the back of his head. It looked like he had a massive head injury.

"Please!" Cried Jassi; he was whimpering in pain.

"Just wait, guys, I'll do something, don't worry," I shouted. But what can I do? My whole body was shaking continuously.

I closed my eyes, not being able to see them like this. 'I have to do something.' I kept chanting this on my mind.

"Yuzi." I heard Virat Bhaiya's voice and opened my eyes, and looked down. He was directly looking at my eyes from the ground.

"Virat bhaiya, weren't you unconscious? Are you fine now?" I asked with concern. He was the one who looked severely injured.

He chuckled lightly.

"Do you trust me, Yuzi?" He asked and smiled lightly.

"Of course I do. You didn't even have to ask that bhaiya. I trust you more than I trust myself." I replied. Tears were already coming out of my eyes.

He is not just my captain; he is my mentor, my idol, and, more importantly, my big brother. When I had first joined RCB, I was scared and nervous to death. It was not my first time playing with national and international players. But since I didn't do great at my former team, I was scared that maybe they wouldn't treat me correctly; they may bully me or ignore me altogether.

But on my first day, he had come to me, and within one hour, all my nervousness was gone. And from there, he never left my side. He was always there for me, with me in my good and bad times.

"So listen to me, okay? And do what I say." He said the seriousness of the situation was evident from his voice. And I nodded eagerly.

"I know how much you are scared of heights. But you know sometimes you have to jump in to jump out." He stated.

My eyes were as big as the white ball. I got what he was implying here.

"I know you can do it. You are braver than you think you are." He said as if he could read my mind.

"Do you really think I can do this?" I asked him. I don't think I'm that brave, but if he believes me, then I can do anything.

"Yes, Yuzi." He said and smiled at me. I smiled back and, while looking at him, jumped off the terrace.

________________

The wait is finally over. Hello everyone :) I hope you are staying at home. Take care of yourself and your family.

Vote☆ Comment☆ Share☆