10: BhuviRat ~ Brothers for forever

Bhuvneshwar Kumar, one of the best bowlers in the world. Not only was he a great bowler, but he was also a gem of a person. He was kind, sweet, understating, supporting, and whatnot. But the people who were very close to him knew his naughty, playfully competitive side too. And also his fears.

As a cricketer, he did have fears of not performing well or disappointing his team and country or losing knockouts or any other matches. And as a member of his team, he was scared to lose them or anything happening to them at all.

But the one which was hidden from everyone inside him was from his childhood. It's not just fear; it was like a nightmare to him—a phobia. Not many knew about it as he was good at hiding his pain from others, but the ones who noticed his distress knew it very well. And fortunately, Virat was one of them.

Bhuvi was 10 when he saw his neighbor getting burned, and that incident never left his mind. For a 10-year-old boy, it became a nightmare for his whole life. From that time, he could never do anything related to fire. Once during Diwali, when Harry was reckless while bursting crackers, the firecracker went towards Bhuvi, and he had a panic attack. And that time, Virat got to know about it.

Presently when Bhuvi had opened his eyes, he couldn't believe he was alone in a room. But that was not the thing that made him panicked it was the fire surrounding him. There was fire everywhere; the roof, the doors, and windows looking like a fire-breathing dragon, were inside the room, puffing away vicariously.

At the corner, Bhuvi was sitting, hugging his knees. His whole face was pale, eyes glistening with tears. With each passing second, it was getting difficult to breathe. His whole body was shaking.

Bhuvi, in his peripheral vision, saw a movement outside the window. He took a sigh in relief. He had a small ray of hope building inside his heart. And when he saw the person's face, he knew he would be alright.

Virat's heart ached to see his Bhuvi in this state. He just wanted to hug him, but damn he couldn't. He muttered some colorful words at his helplessness. He knew he has to do something really fast.

"Bhuvi!" He shouted, but he wasn't sure if he can hear him or not. To his relief, Bhuvi looked at him directly and smiled.

"You would be fine, Bhuvi, don't worry." He yelled.

"I know as you are here," Bhuvi replied because he knew if Virat is here, nothing can happen to him. His reply made Virat smile too.

"It's all fake, Bhuvi. They are testing us." He said, still shouting.

"You can stop shouting, you know. I can hear you well." Bhuvi said while trying to understand Virat's words.

"Just remember it's fake and come out." He said, finally not yelling.

"I can't, Vi. You know it's too difficult for me," Bhuvi whispered the last part, but Virat heard him.

"Even if I request you? For me, please Bhuvi. I need your help to find others." Virat asked, and he knew Bhuvi couldn't say no to him.

"You know I can't say no to you idiot. You are such a jerk." Bhuvi said while shaking his head. He can't believe that he was thinking of doing it, and it was not suffocating in there now.

"I know! Just stand up, open the door, Bhuvi, open it for me." He pleaded.

Bhuvi, with shaking legs, stood up; he was still scared, but he can do anything for Virat. And Virat himself told him it's all lie. He closed his eyes and then took a deep breath and started walking towards the door. It was like his body was burning with each step, but Virat standing at the window saying soothing words helped him a lot. Finally, he reached the door and, with all his willpower, twisted the knob; with his last force, it opened, and at the next moment, he was in Virat's arms. And it didn't burn at all. He was safe.

________________

Kuldeep and Chahal were taking slow steps as they searched for their other teammates. They were not sure if they would be able to help them. But still, they will try their best. After Kul was fine, he had a strange amount of self-confidence. He was more determined and bold. Yuzi loved his new Kul, not that he didn't love him before.

"Yuzi, look there!" Kul yelled, making Yuzi startle. There were chocolates and two people to be saved.

"God Kul silently, please." He said and looked in the direction where Kuliya was pointing.

They were in the huge living room, and two people they clearly knew well were sitting on the sofa in the middle of the room.

"I think I know what should be going on there," Yuzi said.

"I know it too. I guess everyone knows it." Kul remarked.

"But how are we gonna make them come out of their illusion?" Yuzi asked, looking at them, who were looking so pale and guilty.

"I don't know, Cha. But we have to think fast and do something. They look terrified." He replied.

"Didn't you wanted to leave him here?" Yuzi asked just to tease Kul.

"No! I don't. I mean, yeah, he is so annoying and jerk still; he is a brother to me. A dumb brother." Kul said with a small smile, and Yuzi smiled too.

"I do want to click few pictures of them. Their faces are priceless." Yuzi said, and they chuckled.

"Let's concentrate and think of an idea fast. We don't have much time." Kul said, and they became serious.

Yeah, both of them sitting on the sofa were big jerks, but they were their jerks. And they would never let anything happen to them whatsoever. They are family. There are always some annoying cousins in the family, but we all still love them with all our hearts.

_______________

Vote☆ Comment☆ Share☆