7: Fear

n o u n
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

We all are afraid of something or someone. Sometimes it becomes huge and turns out into phobia. Tell me, what is your worst fear?

_______________

Virat's whole body was pale. He was searching everywhere like a mad man for his teammates. His mind couldn't think properly. Tears were coming out from his eyes without his knowledge. He just wanted them to be with him, safe.

After half an hour, he fell on his knees and begged God to help him find his teammates, his family. Then, as if God heard his plea, four children came in front of him with a small smile.

He wiped his tears hastily and said, "You guys!" Little relieved to see familiar faces. Then he continued looking at his surroundings. "What are you guys doing here? It's not a safe place. There are gho-" he stopped his rant abruptly as if realizing something.

The four kids grinned as if to confirm his suspicion making Virat's eyes go wide. Then, he started reminiscing about the time when he first met them.

~Flashback~

When Virat left towards the bathroom, on his way, he was feeling very guilty for hiding things from Bhuvi, and lying to him was tough. So he was making up his mind to tell him everything when he would return to them.

Just then, he saw four children- two of them were boys, and the other two were girls sitting on a bench near the public toilets. It was not like he wanted to go there; he just came there to text the people who were part of his plan, so he went towards them.

"Hello, kiddos! What are you doing here? Where are your parents?" He asked, being concerned for them. The eldest one was a boy who looked to be the age of twelve, then a girl who was ten years old after her a boy of was seven and at last, was a tiny girl of four years. The kids told him their ages since Virat was very bad at guessing anything.

"Our parents work here." The girl who was the second oldest replied.

"So, you guys are waiting for them?" Virat asked, looking at the youngest one, then went towards her and took her in his arms.

"Hey, cutie pie!" He said to the little girl, who was very shy at first but laughed, eventually looking at his funny faces, like who can be unaffected by Virat's charm.

"No, we were going back to our house." Said the eldest boy. Each one of them was looking at Virat with adoration in their eyes.

"Okay! But it's unsafe for you all to leave alone, so I'll accompany you to your home." Virat said with a grin.

"You will come with us?" Asked the little boy, who looked shocked to hear it.

"Yes! Why won't I? But first, tell me what your names are." He said and sat with them, taking the little boy in his lap while grinning.

"My name is Pari." The little girl in his arms said, showing her two teeth at the front. "This is Arav Bhaiya!" She said, pointing at the eldest one while he smiled. "That is Roshni Didi!" She pointed at the girl, who grinned. "And at last Banku Bhaiya." She said, looking at the boy who was smiling sitting at Virat's lap. They all looked like they saw someone like him for the first time.

"Wow, you all have beautiful names. My name is Virat." He told them.

"Thanks, but now we have to go. We can go alone. It's our everyday thing." Said Arav and stood up from his seat.