The first year

I wake up in the room I know so well now. Our room at base. Aaron's not here. When I wake up and he's not here I always think it was all a dream. Him loving me. He reassures me every night that he'd never leave me but I still get scared when he's not here even after 8 years of being with him. He left a note on the pillow beside my head. "Good morning, love. Hope you slept well. I'll be in the training rooms all morning, sorry. Breakfast is on the tray. Love Aaron". I sit up and look around the room. I see the clothes I was wearing yesterday lying beside the bed next to the tray. He got me some toast and a boiled egg. He's always known what I like.
After I finished breakfast I go into the bathroom I still laugh when I see Aaron's extensive collection of bath soaps. I pick up the one with lavender written on the wrapper and slip into the bath.
I walk into our wardrobe and find something to wear. I pick the pale blue T-shirt and a pair of jeans. I usually feel cold when I wear T-shirts I'm still not used to it. I always wore full length clothing to reduce the possibility of me accidentally killing someone just by bumping into them but since I've learnt to control my "gift" I don't have to do that anymore.
There's a knock at the door "come in" I shout "hey princess" I can't believe he still calls me that after so long. "How was the first anniversary yesterday" he asks me. I can't believe I've been married to Warner for a whole year. "It was very nice but I don't see how it's any of your business Kenji" "I'm only asking J calm down. They say the first year of marriage is always the hardest. "If that's true then I have nothing to worry about" I reply "Did he get you anything nice to celebrate?" He asked. Oh no I can't remember where I put it. Aaron gave me a necklace. I run into the room and search for it. "Oh excellent. Trust you to have lost it already" "SHUT UP KENJI!" I throw a pillow at his face while searching the bed frantically. "is this what your looking for J?" He picked up a small jewellery box off my dressing table. "Yes. Oh thank goodness. Thanks Kenji" "only here to help save your marriage princess" I laugh quietly at him "Can you help me put it on please?" "Yeah" he walks over and latches it round my neck then gives me a kiss on the cheek "you look like real royalty now princess. Why does your necklace have two stones on it?" He asks "it's our birthstones" Aaron got me a gold necklace with two small rings intertwined on it with our birthstones sitting at the top of the rings. A ruby red and pale blue stone locked together forever. "Yeah because that's not cheesy at all" Kenji says through a laugh. While Kenji is laughing I feel something rising in me stomach. I sprint to the bathroom and throw up today's breakfast. "You okay princess?" Kenji asks "yeah fine must have been a bad egg this morning" "you coming out?" Kenji asks while I throw up again. "yeah be out in a minute" I walk out the bathroom "woah you look awful J" "thanks Kenji" I say sarcastically "you look worse than my gran" I almost laugh then sit down on the bed "I'll be fine in a minute" "no you look awful I'm taking you to the doctors" Kenji says "I'm fine Kenji calm down" "well we're going anyway there's a hot nurse down there that I've been working my charm with and I'm running out of fake illnesses for her to check and the doctors will be very nice and look after you and you'll be good as new" he says to me like I'm a child. "Fine I'll go" I say just to shut him up.
We're in the car now listening to some rubbish music that Kenji seems to love because he's tapping his fingers and singing along. "You okay there J?" "Yeah fine" I say though I think I'm away to throw up again "okay well whatever you do don't throw up in my car. Stick your head out the window if you think you're about to hurl again okay?" "Okay dad" I say mockingly.
I've always hated doctors. I'm usually getting told I'm a monster or I'm crazy or should be locked away in a cage. I don't have the best memories of going to the doctors and every time I got back home my mum would slap me round the face with something for being such a horrible monster that's why I'm always so reluctant to go the the doctors for anything. Kenji turns the corner, comes into a car park and stops the car and stares at me. We're here.