EIGHTEEN

*THE MOMENT HE KNEW*

Franco was a little bit anxious that day. Mayang was with him and they were on their way to Dr. Roxas's clinic for his annual checkup/assessment.

"Mahal?"

"Hmmm?"

"Paano kung hindi pa rin okay?"

"Ha? Anong hindi okay?"

"Paano kung hindi pa rin ako okay?"

"Ano ba yang sinasabi mo dyan, Mahal? You are perfectly fine."

"I am turning 30 this year. Pero last year's assessment, para pa rin akong 20-25 years old. I am still behind by 5 to 10 years. Ten years is a lot."

"And?" She prodded.

"Naisip ko lang. Paano kung hindi na ko mag-mature? Paano kung forever na lang ako mastuck sa ganitong phase? Paano ka?"

"Ano ka ba? Eh di cute! Ikaw ang forever young!"

"Mahal, seryoso naman kasi ako. I worry about you, you know?"

"Haaay, Franco. Naalala mo ba when we met? We were 22. Pero para ka talagang five years old sa paningin ko. Pero diba minahal pa rin naman kita? Yung progress mo simula noong una kitang nakilala, ang galing na. I think, no, scratch that. I know that you'll do great sa assessment today. And even if you don't. Mahal pa rin kita. Tandaan mo yan, Franco. Mahal kita. Mahal na mahal."

"Salamat, Mahal. Mahal na mahal din kita."

"Ang cheesy na natin, yuck. Hahahaha. Ready?"

"Ready."

She stood up and lead the way to Dr. Roxas's clinic door. He grabbed her right hand by his left, turning her to face him, slid his right hand by her waist, pulled her close to him and put his lips on hers. As if by reflex, she wrapped her left hand around his nape, pulling him closer.

With that breathtaking kiss, he knew. That was the moment he knew that even though an uncertain future scares the hell out of him, she is the one he would brave uncertain tomorrows with.

---------------------------------

A/N: ALAM KO. BITIN.