6

I walked into class and Charlotte was sitting on the seat where she usually sat on and had her bag on the seat I usually sat on.

Once I walked in and she saw me she removed her bag. She gestured for me to sit on the seat. So I did.

"Why are you late today? I texted you today and you didn't answer me. We were supposed to have breakfast together." She said while looking at me.

"It's because I overslept. I'm sorry, we'll have lunch after the lecture." I told her. She nodded.

The truth was I didn't oversleep, it's just because I didn't want to see Gabe but obviously I didn't want to tell Charlotte.

*******

After the lecture ended we went to eat lunch. As always I saw Gabe talking with his friends. He just glared at me and said under his breath "ugly loser."

Charlotte didn't hear him so we continued walking. I really wanted to say something but I couldn't.

I really wanted to get revenge on him but I didn't want to make a scene especially because Charlotte was with me.

We left after we finished eating. We decided to go study at our spot.

"Why are you so quiet today?" She asked as she sat down on the grass. "I'm usually quiet." I answered. "You were when we first met but then you started opening up a bit." She said.

"Did anything happen today that I don't know about?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I'm not gonna pressure you into telling me but always remember when you need anyone you want to talk to you can always tell me. I'll always listen." She said then patted my shoulder.

Once she put her hand on my shoulder I felt like sparks sparked all through my body from her hand.

"Okay. Thanks." I thanked her quietly. "No need to thank me. What are friends for?" She said while smiling as always.

'Friends? I wish we were more than just friends.' I thought to myself.