10

Weeks passed by and I kept watching  Charlotte from far away. I wanted to walk up to her and talk but I didn't want her to get hurt so I backed away.

She thought that I changed just because I changed my appearance but she was wrong. I just thought that I should start looking decent because I was insecure about how I looked but I was still the same. I was still shy and quiet.

I missed how we used to hang out almost all the time. My days felt emptier and colder as each day passed by without her. It reminded me how I felt before meeting her.

Wherever she went I followed her but stayed far away so I won't get caught. I just wanted to make sure how she was doing without me and wanted to know if anyone tried harassing her.

No one tried hurting her maybe after we stopped talking no one thought of bothering her which made me a bit relieved. I kept seeing Gabe with her almost every day and it made me furious.

It made me regret changing my appearance. Maybe if I didn't non of this would have happen but I did it because my insecurities and because I wanted her to see me more than a friend. As stupid as it sounds I wanted my looks to attract her. I knew she liked my personality but I wanted her to like me on the outside too.

I finally had the guts to comfort her after a while of not meeting up with her. I went to her dorm. I waited outside in front of the building. I had my hands in my pockets and kept walking back and forth tried to gain some confidence.

I didn't know how long I waited but she finally arrived. I looked up to see her standing in front of me only a few meters away.

I opened my mouth to speak but she cut my off by saying effortlessly "Just save it." She walked passed me to walk inside the building but I chased her and held her by her forearm.

"Please just her me out I won't take up that much of your time." She sighed but didn't reply so I continued what I was going to say.

"Why are you avoiding me? You know that I don't mean to hurt you. I'm really sorry, I didn't know that you were mad at me. I swear I'm still the same person. Even though my appearance completely changed I'm still the Jaehyun you became friends with. Can you give me another chance to prove it to you?"

She just looked at me without saying anything then nodded. I smiled widely and hugged her without thinking.

She didn't move maybe because she was shocked by my actions. After I realized I pulled away from the hug and apologized. She shook her head and hugged me.

It didn't shock me because it wasn't the first time that she hugged me but it was the first time that I hugged her.

"I'll get going now because it's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow." She told me. I replied "Yeah see you tomorrow."

She then walked into the building disappearing from my sight.

I stood there with a blank expression plastered on my face. The reason why I stood there in disbelief was because of what I did.

The main reason why I wanted to talk to her was because I wanted to tell her my true feelings about her but I couldn't bring myself to do it even when I practiced my lines multiple times.

Friends? Why am I an idiot and told her that I wanted to be friends again? I wanted her to give me a chance to a serious relationship not a chance in friendship.