3

Florence

I got out of the water, my eyes scanning for Josh who was nowhere to be seen. He was supposed to be watching over our stuff but he had somehow wandered over to the bar, where he was chatting to some suave-looking dude. I groaned but instead of embarrassing him I decided to just dry off.

Dinner was in two hours and I had to get changed quickly so I packed up our stuff and dragged Josh into he hotel lobby. "What are you doing?! I was about to get that guy's phone number.." he mumbled, yanking his hand from my grasp. "Did you even get his name?" I asked. He mumbled something incoherent in response. "We're going to be late for the dinner if we don't hurry up. I got my clothes in my bag, how about you?" I asked, earning an eye roll. He rummaged through his side back and flashed my me his clothes. "Great. I checked what rooms are unoccupied and 412 was available," I explained and we both raced over to the elevator and watched the sign above our heads tell us which floor it was on. It eventually reached ground level and the doors slid open, revealing a bunch of body guards. I took a step back as they stuck out their hands for us to move aside. "Phhst. Rude." Josh mumbled. They cleared out of the elevator revealing one of the guys from earlier. It was Eurus, evident from the flashy attire he had and the sly smile he still wore from when he entered. My veins turned to thin icy tubes when I realized I was soaking wet and looking like a fool. He was tall, meaning he was looking down at us.

"You were the flustered one from earlier," he spoke up and everything seemed to stop. Oh god was I in trouble? "F-Forgive me- I didn't mean to offend you or anything.." Was all I said, in hopes he wouldn't put my head on a stake. That's what warlords did, right? He laughed and the air around me became less suffocating. "I'm looking forward to seeing you at the dinner.." he hummed before strolling away with his two body guards. Josh entered the lift first as I was a little slow, registering what just happened.

"Don't say anything." I warned while holding my finger up to his face. He cocked a brow. "What? I didn't even say anything!" He exclaimed. I groaned whilst dragging my hand down my face. "I know you too well to not expect a smart ass or sexual comment on what just happened!" He gave me a bewildered look- as if I were a crazy person. "Florence Baker! How dare you insinuate that I, Joshua Green of making lewd and unnecessary remarks!" He gasped. Over-dramatic as always. And I hated when people used my full name. It made me sound like a grandma. It was silent for awhile until the doors were about to open and he decided to open his mouth. "You two are totally gonna fuck.."

I was ready to punch him but out of respect for my fist and the elderly couple infront of us I refrained. We hurried down the hall in search for room 412 and eventually found it. What we were about to do wasn't exactly allowed but they never specified it in the 'do's and dont's of Hotel Employment' manual. We always had a swim at the beach after a hot day at work and checked to see the vacant rooms before using said room to shower instead of going all the way home. In this case it was justified as we had to be back here in two hours and the trek to our homes was awhile away.

"I'm going in first!" Josh declared, bouncing on his right leg as I fished for the house-keeping card that allowed my access to any room in the hotel. I pressed it up against the pad and the door opened. Josh raced pass me and into the bathroom while I waited on the in a seat. He sure did take his time showering so I was stuck fiddling around on my phone until he came out. "You didn't even go in the water..." I mumbled. He shoved my shoulder while snickering. "That dude is gonna be there. Gotta look nice for a potential lay, y'know?"

I ignored him but smiled anyway before slipping into the bathroom. I made sure to be quick since we had to get there early. I put on some cologne, changed into a nice blue button-up shirt and jeans then left. Josh was playing around on his phone, typing furiously. "Who ya texting?" I asked, slinging my bag over my shoulder and stuffing my hands in my pocket. "Liza. I invited her!" He explained. I hadn't seen Liza in awhile so it'll be nice to have her at the dinner. She wasn't nearly as wild as Josh but she was a lot if you were unprepared.

We made sure to clean the room and move everything back into place so we didn't get a complaint. "Well we gotta go." I said while looking at the clock. He groaned but reluctantly got up. "We're not supposed to be working though!" He sighed. "Well, mom wants be to stay behind to help so you have to too!" He shot me a look but continued outside anyway. We talked about how we were about to stuff our mouths with food down at the buffet when we ran into- yet again another guy from before. This time it was Rian. He was escorting an elderly woman with the same auburn hair down the hall. He no longer had armor on but casual attire.

Two bodyguards stood behind him, though by the muscles he was showing off I doubted he needed them. I shook the thoughts from my mind and tried my best to walk last but instead I found myself approaching them. "Would you like any help?" I asked. His head shot up at an alarming speed. He pursed his lips together as the old woman reached her hand out and pinched my cheeks. "What a generous boy!" She cooed. I felt a little awkward at this point. Why couldn't I just have minded my own business for once? "I'm sure I don't need help escorting my grandmother to her room." He stated in an almost offended tone. I stood back and nodded and kept eye contact with him for awhile until he continued to help his grandmother down the hall.

I exhaled. "Dude, We're off duty. You don't need to help them." Josh muttered, pressing the call button for the lift. "I can't help it and not all people are like you, Joshy." I smiled when he gave me an incredulous look.

"I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to avoid getting my cheeks pinched by a hunk's grandma.."