13

Florence

We stood there for what felt like an eternity, just staring at eachother. Eurus mentioned he might show up but I didn't expect to see him! He still had the same scowl on from the day I first saw him but he looked slightly uncomfortable.

His hair was gelled back which gave more room for my eyes to search his face. He was wearing a dark blue vest with a white deep-v shirt underneath. I instantly noticed he didn't have a tie. His chinos were light grey and hugged his cakes- calfs tightly.

"H-Hello," I greeted. He looked looked me up and down with a look similar to an animal assessing if I were a threat. "What are you doing here?" He asked, ignoring my attempt at a normal conversation. "I was invited here," I answered him almost instantly. He raised and brow and crossed his arms. "By who?"

I simply stared at him and oggled at his deep voice. "Uh- Eurus Meade?" I squeaked. His frown turned into a scowl and he turned away but didn't leave. He hunched over the railing and looked down the steep cliff that was below. "I can tell you are a good soul. Don't let him corrupt you." He grumbled. I felt my face heat up a bit at his statement. What did that mean?

"I won't," I gave. He stared at me out of the corner of his eye and the corners of his mouth twitched. "You won't." He sighed. I looked back at the crowd that threatened to spill out onto the balcony and then back at Remus. "Did you come with anyone?" I asked idly while leaning over the railing. I made sure to keep enough space between us just in case. He was silent for awhile and it allowed me to hear the faint howling of the wind. "Just guards." He answered.

I snuck a look at him and he did the same. "He invited you for a reason," He said as I quickly broke eye contact. "H-He did?" I stuttered. I was making a fool out of myself. "The reason is unclear but it'll certainly end with him gaining what he wanted and leaving you with nothing but questions."

The bitterness in his voice physically made me wince. He spoke with experience and it was blatantly obvious. There was another round of silence that lasted longer than the last until another voice broke the weird spell. "Would either of you gentlemen like a beverage?" A waiter spoke up, offering a tray of drinks. I smiled and thanked him, grabbing two.

"Do you drink?" I asked as I awkwardly stood there with two glasses full of wine. He nodded and a look of slightly shock tool over as he noticed the extra glass I had for him. "Do you?" He took the glass from my hand and took a sip. I was suddenly glad I had taken two. "I do, actually. Only rarely though," I laughed as a breif memory of Sally flashed by. Poor girl was puking for an hour after her first time tasting alcohol of any sorts. I suddenly tensed when I remembered I was with a warlord.

He actually had a small smile on.  "What's so funny?" He asked. "O-Oh, nothing. Just remembering something," I brushed off as I took a sip. This was good. He cocked a brow and also took another sip. His eyes zeroed in on my glass like he was a challenge. I took another sip of my drink just to confirm my suspicions and- yes. He was definetely trying to initiate some challenge as he quickly took another sip. "Please, indulge me." He offered, stepping to the side and allowed me to lean next to him.

I began to tell my story of my first time drinking as we both took track of  everytime either of us took a sip. I could feel him opening up a little and out of all of three of the warlords he seemed to be the most normal one. Normal in my sense.

"Then, she puked all over the bouncer!" I bit my lip as hard as I could but I couldn't stop myself from laughing. Our glasses were emptied at this point and I could feel myself starting to get light-headed. He was even laughing as we both struggled to breathe. I started coughing and heaving from the lack of air so I stuck out my hand for the railing to gain support when I missed completely. My heart gave a jump as everything began to tilt and then I was caught.