7

Florence

We made our way to the train station with as many stops as an elderly women could make inbetween. Rian didn't want us to go anywhere near his grandmother, insisting he was the only one who needed to help her.

"Rian, all I need is another person to lean on! I do not need you to carry me!" She huffed. She was getting annoyed herself. Josh gave me a pleading look. He had asked many times to just ditch him but both Liza and I turned down the offer. He was a warlord after all.

People started getting out of their seats and off benches as the train arrived. We quickly hopped on and immediately went for seats. It was a busy day, and there were barely any free seats. We found some, though they won't together. A guy in a suit tried to sit down but Rian sent him a death glare. He quickly got up and scampered off.

He sat his grandmother down next to the window as Liza and Josh sat down a few rows behind us. He sat down in the middle and scowled at me. "Are you going to sit?" He asked. I looked around. There weren't any available seats so I reluctantly took a seat next to him.

The train took off and we all jolted forward from the sudden movement. Rian made sure his grandmother was okay then went back to brooding. Why did he choose to come with us of all people? Why not order his guards to take him?

"Shouldn't your guards be... guarding you?" I asked. I was trying to not make this long trip into something awkward. Frowning down at me, he looked out the window.

He crossed his arms, and my cheek pressed against his hard bicep. Then he quickly straightened out his hand infront of him. "They are. They're supposed to be back at the hotel but of course they didn't listen." He grumbled. I looked around and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. His guards usually had tattoos of a dragon and a sword on their biceps. They wore also wore black tactical uniforms with the same stand and sword logo.

I couldn't see anyone with that attire.

He pointed to a tall buff man with shoulder-length blonde hair. "That's Jamison. And over there is Jesse. When I was younger I didn't notice them since they were my father's guards. I grew up with with them. They're my-" He stopped himself early. I nodded. "I'm old enough to take care of myself and my grandmother."

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Excuse me?"

He looked down at me and I suddenly felt like a toddler. "H-How old are you? You don't have to answer if you don't want. I was just.." I trailed off, knowing I was just rambling. He looked back out the window and remained silent for a while. "I'm twenty-eight." He muttered.

That meant we were only six years apart. The rest of the trip was silent. His grandmother would sometimes point at something out the window and try to get Rian's attention. He mainly just nodded at her antics. I checked my phone, texting Josh.

'lol sorry. he's kinda scary!' He texted. I looked over my shoulder to see him giving me an sorry look

'It's okay. He isn't too bad.' I replied. I genuinely thought he would've bitten off my head if I so much as looked at him. But now that I've seen him with his grandmother it's a lot easier to see him as just a normal man.

A long while later we finally arrived at Miracle. This seemed to be a popular stop as everyone got up and headed off the train. Rian was pushed away, despite his protests. I guess people were too busy to notice he was the leader of a tribe.

His grandmother seemed a little stunned. Her dull hazel eyes scanned every inch of the train as she tried to look for her grandson. "Here, I'll help you," I offered, holding up my arm. She took it with a greatful smile and let me escort her outside safely. "You're good boy," she praised as we left and departed from the sea of people.