33

Florence

Remus. Remus.

Remus...

"Remus?" I called out while I waved a hand in front of his face. We were only talking about how the rain was calming and then he suddenly zoned out. His eyes zeroed in on my hand and then to me.

"All good?" I asked, biting down on my lip. You'd think he was stoned with that dazed look on his face.

"Y-Yeah. Sorry." He stammered. He shuffled around so that we were no longer facing each other and sighed. "I'm gonna go look outside."

I watched as he suddenly shot up and made his way to Rian and Eurus who were idly staring out the window. I found it slightly disappointing that he had cut the moment short but I soon realised I must've made him uncomfortable.

With the only sound in the hotel room coming from outside I decided to give up my safe and warm comforters for a spot next to Rian who had his entire face pressed against the glass.

"It's pretty.." Eurus sighed, placing a tentative finger on the glass. He was so close to the window that he was fogging it up.

I looked out at the view and pondered at his odd choice of words. Rain was pretty but I wouldn't call it that. Just... calming.

"You can't really see much but I guess the clouds are nice.." I noted specifically just to clarify what he meant.

"No, the rain." Rian corrected as they both stared out, like a moth gazing at a light. "You guys... have never seen rain?" I questioned, astounded. Surely they've seen rain before.

"Only briefly." Remus answered sadly, sneaking a glance towards me. "We live too high up to see much rain."

My heart suddenly ached for them. "You've never gotten a cold from the rain before? As kids?" I asked although I'm pretty sure I already knew the answer. "You never got to complain about wet socks because of mildew? You've never been able to play in mud puddles?"

Rian looked at me, his eyes a sad vortex. They were so easy to get stuck in and so... sad. Remus tapped his own shoulder anxiously as he remained still. "I never got to leave the mountains as a kid." Eurus revealed quietly. Remus hummed in agreement as my heart broke even more.

The fact that these three hadn't experienced even the childish of things somehow crawled it's way to my my heart and with much force, split it open. It made me think of other things they had basically been robbed off, silly things like what we were doing now; a sleepover!

It had only occurred to me now that besides this being the first time actually interacting with eachother, it may be the first time actually being on their own down here.

Now, I was determined to help them experience all these things. While they were here doing business things, hopefully making peace and such they could also be doing all the things they couldn't when they were younger. We could do it... together.

"Get your shoes back on, we're going outside." I said sternly, breezing past the fact that they were clearly drunk and slightly smelt like alcohol. I hurriedly grabbed my pants and tugged them back on with a struggle.

"W-Wait a minute, Florence! We can't just go outside!" Rian said protested as he nearly tripped on his own feet.

"Sure we can! C'mon, it'll be fun!" I protested. I began gathering a few items such as my phone and the room keycard as my building excitement came to a full climax. "Think of it as a bonding experience!"

They each gave me their own look of bewilderment and questioning. I was well aware of their perversion of each other but tonight was a hard sign that they could at least put up with each other! I used to think it was an impossibility but they gave me reason to believe otherwise. I was certain they could get along.