30

Florence

"You're a pig." Rian grumbled as I deepened my frown. "You're an asshole." I gritted out, my grip tightening around my knife. He didn't look angry, only slightly amused.

"Is this how you talk to all warlords?" He asked curiously with a goofy smile. I was ready to end this petty argument over the smile alone but this was serious. I had to stand my ground. "Your title doesn't mean shit when it comes to my pancakes!" I seethed as I watched him flick the crumbs off his plate.

For context, we had decided to order room service while we waited for Eurus to collect himself and both Remus and I ordered pancakes while Rian ordered a lame burger. Remus decided he was too full for his last pancake and gave it to me, however, Rian thought he was entitled to everything and ate it while I got a drink.

"These taste like crap anyway. I could make them better." He commented. His statement caught me off guard. "You cook?" I asked, my anger completely vanishing at the thought of him in an apron. He frowned and shot me a look as if I just cried treason. "Don't mention it again." He said lowly, effectively giving me his answer. This made my head explode and an excited squeal to escape me.

"What can you cook? Do you bake! Oh, oh, you have to cook me something, now!" I rushed out. My excited smile completely contradicted his deep frown  as I jumped out of my seat and started shaking him by his shoulder. I started listing off the many foods and cuisines to him as I basically demanded he cooked for me. It was so out of character for him that I found it kinda cool and a little cute.

"Could you bake me a cake?" I asked with wide eyes. His eyes widened in pure surprise at my request. Then his walls came slamming down, his pretty hazel eyes going cold and distant. "I'm not a baker. Drop it." He grumbled. I felt my smile physically slip away as I let go of his bicep and carefully let them fall to my side.

"I-I mean- I'm not good at baking cakes.."  he quickly recovered, although I could only smile. Clearly it was something he didn't like talking about. There was a single knock on the door catching both our attentions as we listened it. Due to people still demanding Eurus come out we set up a special 'secret code' so we knew it was someone trusted outside. There was two quick knocks and a long pause, then three more consecutive knocks. I skipped to the door and cracked it open just a tiny bit to reveal a blank-faced Remus.

Unlike Rian, Remus' face brightened almost instantly at the sight of me as he shuffled the handful of blankets and pillows to get a better look. "I brought supplies and rations." He said all too seriously. I couldn't help the stupid smile that enlightened my lips at his odd choice of words. "They're pillows and snacks, Remus."

A small dark blush tainted his cheeks. Although barely noticeable he still gave away his bashfulness by his small frown. I allowed him in and quickly shut the door.

We moved to a vacant room right next to Eurus' and decided it'd be best if we stayed close, just in case he had another breakdown. So far we had only planned for me to actually sleep in here but as the evening wore on it was starting to look more likely that we were all staying here. And, admittedly, I didn't mind that.

He placed them on the couch as I took my place back at the table with Rian who looked slightly bored. I was actually taken aback how they were dealing with the situation. There were no snarky comments, just small quips. They didn't talk much, not until I instigated a conversation between them. It wasn't ideal, but I couldn't expect much out of sworn enemies.

A long cue of silence followed as Remus settled down onto the couch. It wasn't tense or awkward, just us three listening in to the distant thunder. Once again, I got myself worked up over the incoming storm tonight. Especially in a hotel room, nice, cozy and with a view?