29

- Slight TW -
Small mentions of self harm.

Florence

We stood there for what felt like a lifetime and a half. With my heart caught up in my throat I couldn't say anything. My mouth just fell slightly open as I gazed into his cold, void eyes.

"What is he doing here?" He asked, shooting his gaze onto Samson allowing me to release the breath I was holding. I couldn't tell whether or not he was angry or passive. He left nothing to go off. He was.. blank.

"I-I just thought he could help." He stuttered out. I'm guessing the sight of his friend stripped away any confidence he had in this plan. "You thought wrong." He snarled whilst scratching his chest. I winced at the thought of him raking over the already present scratch marks.

"I want him gone."

My heart stopped almost completely as his words settled in the air. Why was he being like this? What did I do wrong?

"W-Wait a minute, Eurus!" Samson called as he turned on his heel and went to open the door again. Without thinking I slightly shifted in-front of the door, not-so-effectively blocking his entry. He peered down at me with a masked look in his eyes. He still held that deep frown he wore for Samson but it was still enough to make me consider jumping out the window. "Wait- I-I..."

He glared daggers at me. "I... I just-"

"Move, Florence." He gritted out. My arms got goosebumps and my head became numb at the realisation of what I was doing. He could very well hurt me right now and yet here I was, purposefully provoking him. "Eurus. I just want to talk." I uttered, trying to stable my words but the waver in them was still very much present. He didn't budge and neither did I.

"Please. That's all I'm here to do," I tried again, a little louder this time. I was so focused on him I completely forgot Samson was standing right there. "Y-You don't have to say anything- just here me out,"

He didn't move. Everything was still. "We can sit down if you want?" I asked, unintentionally holding out my hand to grab his arm which proved to be a horrendous idea.

The minute my fingertip made contact with his arm he reeled back and lashed out in the form of his fist. I had no time to react as the blow came quickly and suddenly, brushing past my ear and cracking a hole through the thick, wooden door. I yelped in surprise as he ripped his hand from the hole and held it up again.

My adrenaline was high as I tried to calm my racing heart and my shaking hands. My throat was as dry as a desert, the feeling making me wince once I tried swallowing. My mind turned itself inside out as I tried to make sense of what just happened.

Had he meant to hit me? Why did he miss?

Before I could say anything, let alone register fully what had happened Eurus slid down, his head resting at my stomach and his trembling hands gripping lightly to my shoulders. Samson only had eyes for his friend who was now lightly sobbing on the floor. I, on the other hand, had froze completely. I had my hands glued to the door and my eyes switching between Samson and the top of Eurus' head.

The silence allowed us to listen into his sobs. He was saying something between each, heartbreaking sob. It was hard to decipher through all the sniffling and small gasps of air. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry,"

My heart clenched at his words as I rested my hands on his shaking shoulder and slid down in-front of him. Normally I wouldn't have a clue what to do, especially in a case like this! However, I felt the need to wrap my arms around him and hold him. I had that weird notion in my head that I needed to make sure he knew he was okay. That he was safe.