14

Eurus

The first thing I learnt about Florence was that he was a deep sleeper. No matter how loud the radio was he wouldn't stir the slightest. Even when I almost crashed into a rock and the car jolted violently he remained alseep.

I was still upset about the party. He had embarrassed me infront of everyone. Not because of the fact that he was drunk, no- everyone was tipsy at that point. It was because of Remus. I was flaunting to everyone about my new guest who so happened to want to spend time with that mammoth instead of me! It was utterly embarrassing.

We hit a rough spot and the car shook violently. I stupidly took my eyes off the road to check if he was okay. Once again he was fine, perfectly still and snoring lightly. I couldn't afford to stay mad at him as that would ruin any chances of getting answers from him. From the little time I've been.. observing him I could tell that he was was man that built relationships on trust. Obviously that was the way to go.

Before I was sent on this pointless feildtrip I spent weeks mapping out the layout on the hotel and the surrounding town. I have almost every street memorized between the hotel and Miracle so locating his house wasn't a big deal. He lived in a middle-class region, south of the hotel and at the end of a unassuming street.

As I parked up his driveway I didn't bother stopping the engine. I quickly hopped out and hurriedly knocked on the door. I waited about a minute before stopping and listening. There was no sound coming from inside so I knocked again, and again and again until I noticed there wasn't any lights turned on, shining through the window.

I cursed under my breath before trudging back to the car. I walked over to his side and opened the door, staring at the blocky object in his pocket. Did I really want to go through his pockets? I could use his phone to call his mother or possibly find some keys.

Maybe his mother had serious hearing problems and preferred the dark. It was one phone call away. Getting him off my hands with as little questions was the best route to go with.

I gingerly fumbled for his phone, slipping it out and clicking it open. It didn't turn on. Why was it not turning on?!

I refrained from throwing his phone as far as I could when the small battery flashed in screen with a red line. I tried knocking rather loudly on his door for another twenty minutes until ultimately returning to the Florence. I placed it gently into his pocket and hopped back in the car. Where was I suppose to take him now? I couldn't leave him in the car, or on the street and I couldn't call his friend or his mother! Why did he have to get so drunk? Why did I send his mother home early!?

I sat in there with my hand hovering over the keys and thought about what would happen if I brought him with me. Surely I could dodge him in the morning, come back to apologize for yelling at him. I'd only do that if he brought it up since that could end in some collateral damage. Why hadn't I bothered to record both their phone numbers instead of his?

With a final 'fuck sake' I left his driveway and set out for the hotel. Since he was a heavy sleeper it wouldn't be too much of a hassle and I could easily get him up to my room. Surely Wicker and Slade would be locked up in their rooms, trying to brew a pointless plant against my Wyverns. Against me.

Once I reached the hotel, I noticed the that there were a few reporters still lingering about but he new Evolve guards stopped them from getting near the entrance. A few of my guards dispatched from the group of geared men, recognizing the car and came to do their check up. I rolled down the window and greeted Samson. "Heya Eurie," he greeted me. I frowned and looked around, just to check if any of my other guards heard that. "Don't call me that, Samson. You know what will happen if my Uncle hears half the things that leave your mouth." I scolded, shuffling around and unclipping the belt.