It's for the Best

Picture of Rachel on the side. I realized that I didn't put a picture of her yet so here it is!

~Chapter 19~ (NOT EDITED)

Tyler's POV

I was leaning on the wall near Mr. Shrek's classroom because I was waiting for Avery to finish up her makeup test for an important test in Spanish. I couldn't wait to spend more time with her.

To be honest, I did have some doubts about whether she actually liked me because she's been avoiding me lately but I'm glad she is finally talking to me again.

I was snapped away from my thoughts when I saw a burly jock approaching me.

Will. I think that was his name. The guy that broke Avery's heart without a second thought. He should be lucky to have someone like Avery liking him but he just had to go out with the head cheerleader to gain popularity.

Avery was much prettier than the head cheerleader. Like, Casey, I think that's her name, can't even compare to her. Dang I'm whipped...

"HEY NERD!" I saw the face of an angry jock advancing towards me. How did he get here so fast? Last time I saw him he was down the hall... Hmm I guess I was thinking about Avery too much.

Suddenly he was in front of me and before I knew what happened I felt sharp pain on my jaw. After snapping out of my confusion, I realized he was punching me.

And I was doing nothing about it.

And I continued to just stand there and take the punches. I didn't want to risk my identity for this stupid jock.

I wasn't paying attention and I was numbed from the pain. I finally snapped out of it when he began to speak.

"Avery doesn't even like you." He sneered. "Don't you know that's why she's been avoiding you?"

I refused to believe that. i shook my head and looked him straight in the eyes. "You're lying."

He just smirked and chuckled dryly. "You wish." He shook his head in sympathy for me. "She's just using you to get good grades and to pay her classes."

That statement got to me. Could it be true? I mean she only asks me for homework help and never really requests to hangout except maybe once or twice.

"Ha. Like I guessed. She'd never like someone like you." He punched me in the eye one more time before walking off.

I just stood there shocked. I wouldn't believe what he said, but it never left my mind. I'm surprised no one heard about our encounter because Will was yelling pretty loudly.

I forgot about waiting for Avery and drove home. An idea was forming in my mind. If she still avoids me, I'd have no choice but to listen to what Will said.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, I looked for Avery everywhere. She wasn't at her locker or the library. She'd usually go there because she thinks no one would find her there but I knew she hid there. I even resorted into asking her friends but they just shook their heads at me when I asked.

I finally gave up and realized that she has been, indeed, avoiding me.

The only way to save myself from suffering more was to break up with her before she broke up with me. I had to end it sooner instead of later so it wasn't hurt as much when it happens.

I finally spotted her at her locker.

I was just checked her locker and she wasn't there. Surely she has been avoiding me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Here goes nothing. I started walking towards her. She had her backed turned to me so I tapped her shoulder to get her attention.