Playing Matchmaker

~Chapter 27~

It was Saturday and I was extremely bored so I decided to give a call to Danielle. I scrolled through my contacts before I got to her name and pressed call.

"Hello?" She picked up on the third ring.

"Hey Dani. I'm bored. Wanna come over?" I asked, staring up at the ceiling while lying on my bed.

"Um... Is Liam going to be there?" She sounded hesitant while made my eyebrows furrow.

"Well... yea.. but I don't see how that's relevant to me and you've never worried about this before, like ever. Why now?" I inquired, truly curious. She never asked about him before. She even helped with the plan with him and she never acted like this.

"Well, since the whole fiasco is over, I thought about focusing on my life more." She started. "And I'll admit now, I do like Liam." She added softly.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about! Of course I approve of your relationship if that's what you're implying." I assured her. "Actually scratch the not embarrassed part, him being my brother by chance is embarrassing enough, but you're, let me get this clear, choosing to be seen with him and stuff?" I teased.

She giggled. "You know you love your brother."

I sighed. "Unfortunately."

"Well, I'll be coming over!"

"And I'll be playing matchmaker!" I sang.

"What?"

"Nothing! Bye!" I said quickly and hung up the phone with a smile on my face. I had a plan; a plan that involves my brother and Danielle and a little bit of lovey dovey action.

The doorbell rang, signaling that Danielle had arrived. Grandma was in her room probably on her laptop on the dating website she was obsessed with. Hailey was out on a date with Tony, which still made me aww. They were just so cute together.

I sighed. Soon Danielle and Liam were going to be added with that list and maybe along with Leila and Harry, who knows.

I snapped out of my thoughts, remembering Danielle was still at the door. I smirked. "LIAM!! GET THE DOOR!!!" I'm such a genius.

I heard Liam grumble, "bossy."

"HEARD THAT!" I followed him downstairs and watched him open the door.

Once he saw that Danielle was at the door, he immediately became nervous. He smiled. "Hey Danielle."

She nodded at him, her cheeks flushed. "Hi Liam."

They just stood there staring at each other. I shook my head at their stupidity to not realize their love for each other. Did I really need to give them a love epiphany? I sighed. I had to do all the work.

I decided to break the awkward tension in the room, being the best sister and friend that I am. "Oh hey Danielle!" I smiled and waved. "I was going to get the door but Liam just happened to be here."

"But-" Liam started, but I interrupted him.

"Coincidence?" I paused, looking at them. "I think not."

They were staring at me weirdly. "Are you trying to be sophisticated?" Danielle asked, raising her eyebrow.

I shook my head and smiled sweetly. "Just helping Cupid." I mumbled to myself, not loud enough to be heard.

"What was that?"

"I said, let's go hangout in my room Dani." I smiled innocently.

"Ok!" She said, following me to my room.